fly for bass video

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

fly for bass video

Post by civicrr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Wish more guys on here were into fly fishing for bass. Check out the video below. That is how cool it can be. After about 1/2 way, it goes from artsy to seriously cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlpVVKvrnu0

MDisbrow
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: fly for bass video

Post by MDisbrow » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBOoSJ-rlk

Not bass, but another video that shows how cool fly fishing can be.

mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm

that IS an awesome video,
i wish there were more footage.
check out the one where he fishes for golden dorados.

lil_man72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lil_man72 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

i used to be into fly fishing for bass. i may get back into it this year and add atleast one fly rod/reel to my lineup.
the pic is from a couple years ago. i found that i liked using the smaller rods to target the finicky bass. i tried a loomis 8wt. and although it was a great rod and through the bigger stuff better, for me it seemed that a spinning or casting setup worked better for that. what i found was that the ultimate finesse fishing for bass can only be done with a fly rod. i used mainly a 5wt. or smaller after the first year and ended up liking a 4wt. the best. i had several bamboo rods, a couple glass, and a couple graphite rods. the coolest rod i had was a diamondback diamondglass 7' 4wt. but my favorite rod that i used the most was a 7'6" orvis trident tls full flex. i had it paired with a redington al gold reel the first time and a lamson guru 1.5 the last time around. i also had some cool reels, some vintage like a stuart, martin multiplier, redington al, pflueger medalist, older loop, and a few others.
my main fly was one i made based on a muddler minnow. i also liked to throw the soft chewy frog popper, bullet head hopper, and several spider variations.

antoywkr578
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by antoywkr578 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 am

Congratulation to make this video. This is real video as awesome. I think make good work and i want to see more video like this.