Cabela's Stowaway 7

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
solafida289
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Cabela's Stowaway 7

Post by solafida289 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:39 pm

Has anyone tried these rods? I've read a couple reviews stating that they work almost as good a two-piece. I've never actually fly-fished but I was wondering if this would be a good entry-level rod for me. Thanks in advance.

jaroddog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Cabela's Stowaway 7

Post by jaroddog » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:24 pm

I like Cabela's fly rods. I bought one of their 4 piece Traditional rods and really like it. You might want to start with something that is 4 or less pieces if you can. They're a lot cheaper and I would imagine give better or at least the same performance of a higher priced Stowaway 7 model. But Cabela's rods are the about the best (IMO) to get started with. Good quality and reasonable price let you see if you'll enjoy this aspect of fishing without spending a large sum of money.
Regards,
Jarod

Stan Wright
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Cabela's Stowaway 7

Post by Stan Wright » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:38 pm

Definatly go with a 4 piece rod. They are so much nicer to transport. I can get mine in a big suitcase, or just hand cary it on the flight. You may not think you'll be traveling and fishing that much, but you will, and the ease of carrying a 4 piece rod more than makes up for any lack of performance. I can't tell the difference in my 2 and 4 piece rods.

Aloha,
Stan