is this you? LOL

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

is this you? LOL

Post by nctrucker » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 am

a tidbit picked from a bamboo flyrod site
Here's a quote from Ernie Schweibert: "If you know how many rods you have, you don't have enough. (I don't subscribe to that, but I think it's knee-slapper)."

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: is this you? LOL

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:32 pm

That's pretty funny!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 am

Guilty as charged.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 am

Btw, I know at least 2 members here that use a spreadsheet to keep track of what reel is on what rod, and what line is on the reel and when it was put on. :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:55 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 am
Btw, I know at least 2 members here that use a spreadsheet to keep track of what reel is on what rod, and what line is on the reel and when it was put on. :lol:
I'd do that if I knew how to use a spreadsheet. Of course many of my reels would need to be re-spooled so I'd know what line was on it. Meant to keep track, but it just didn't happen. My biggest problem is deciding which reel should go on which rod. ](*,)

EDIT: Oops. Just realized we are talking fly fishing. In that case I definitely don't have enough rods as I not only know how many I have, but their length and line weight.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:46 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
I will write it out on paper sometimes to keep up with it or if I plan to move some combos around, but a few years back I found a problem with a cranking rod. Had a old Zillion TWS on a 7'6"MH cranking rod and cranks weren't running very deep. DT10s and other mid/bigger cranks were running way too shallow. I had sworn I had the right line on there but it ended up being 17lb InvizX. Felt bad that I had finally accumulated enough tackle to not keep up with it. I always knew what line was where and kept up with it. Still no idea how I got those crossed all up.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:

Make it 3. My spreadsheet is in google docs for access from anywhere. Yes I have pulled it up while on the lake in my yak...

I track way too much.
-Line brand, lb test, spool date
-spool bearing oil date
-full reel cleaning date, which grease was used on gears(incase I tried a new one)
-my houshold budget, personal budget, and fishing budget
-projected monthly savings, annual savings goal, and YTD progress.

Funny post!

Vooden
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vooden » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:06 am

\:D/ …or that look when you tell non-anglers that you have 30-plus fishing rods…and then they ask if you are a collector…and then you laugh and say not even close.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:32 pm

Preston wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:

Make it 3. My spreadsheet is in google docs for access from anywhere. Yes I have pulled it up while on the lake in my yak...

I track way too much.
-spool bearing oil date
-full reel cleaning date, which grease was used on gears(incase I tried a new one)

Funny post!
Good stuff fosho...gotta budget and put together that financial plan.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:16 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:

You say that as if there’s something wrong with that! :whistle:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:25 am

Preston wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:

I track way too much.
-spool bearing oil date

Funny post!
I have the rod/reel, line and lube date. I also have a "budget" of sorts. I type what I sell a rod/reel for (been a while) and go from there to find new stuff.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing