Hardbait & soft bait storage

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
adriancean
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Hardbait & soft bait storage

Post by adriancean » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 am

What boxes use for hardbait and soft bait storage? Which are more durable?
Until next time....Tight Lines!

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Hardbait & soft bait storage

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 am

What kind and how large of baits you are puting away?

I've began liking Plano/FTO but I don't like the concept of limited storage but they are sturdy and keep your hard baits looking fresh and clean of hook scratches. I was able to fit my Megabass Magnums in the FTO 709 jerkbait box with a little mod, best box ever made and I hope Plano brings it back. [-o<

Soft bait, I either keep them in their bags or put them in any reguar box. Swimbaits I have them in a water proof oversized box, and it fits my TW backpack. Can't remember the name of it but it fits my Hudds, Matt lures, top shelf and 2 of my punkers and two other hard 5" swimbaits.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

adriancean
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by adriancean » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:21 am

damian_megabass wrote:What kind and how large of baits you are puting away?
Crankbaits,lipless baits,top water baits,stick baits... What do you think of these boxes: CDS-X ® Plano ® StowAway Boxes, Plano ® StowAway ® Utility Boxes ProLatch ™ - Pro Pack, Utility Box Plano FTO? Which are stronger and more resistant ?

Mossy Oak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mossy Oak » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 am

I really like the plano custom divider boxes, they are very sturdy and the divider concept is really nice.

Ginson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ginson » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:55 am

Plano all the way

to me it's just their plain reliability and durability...

mrborohachi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrborohachi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:16 am

if your looking for smaller boxes the japanese Meiho boxes are the only way to go. US boxes don't have non divider boxes at all.

JDMtackle.com has meiho in stock in the us, or else go through PLAT

adriancean
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by adriancean » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:48 am

Understand that the Plano "is the best" but what is more secure locking system and not give in time? The more practical and safer ... :) From here http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tackle_B ... STBXS.html

mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mike_honcho » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:02 am

adriancean wrote:Understand that the Plano "is the best" but what is more secure locking system and not give in time? The more practical and safer ... :) From here http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tackle_B ... STBXS.html

I bought 5 of new Plano waterproof 3740 (I think thats the model #) and I love the locking system. I didn't put the dividers in and they store alot of baits. Obviously if you have alot of deep divers they are going to take up more space but you can still sqeeze quite a few in. I feel like the three latches on them is kind of over kill but one thing is for sure, they will not come open.

adriancean
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by adriancean » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 am

Honestly I like these: Plano Pro Latch Utility Box 3600 , Plano FTO Elite and Plano CDS Extra Prolatch Box ....But I think I'll choose the first model ... Some opinions about it? :)

SteveDB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SteveDB » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 am

mike_honcho wrote:
adriancean wrote:Understand that the Plano "is the best" but what is more secure locking system and not give in time? The more practical and safer ... :) From here http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tackle_B ... STBXS.html

I bought 5 of new Plano waterproof 3740 (I think thats the model #) and I love the locking system. I didn't put the dividers in and they store alot of baits. Obviously if you have alot of deep divers they are going to take up more space but you can still sqeeze quite a few in. I feel like the three latches on them is kind of over kill but one thing is for sure, they will not come open.
+1 on the Plano waterproof boxes. Secure and have never broke a latch.

Chief
Angler
Angler

Post by Chief » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 pm

I keep soft plastics in their original plastic bags. Never stored directly in the box. I use the Meiho Versus VS 3080 tackle box. Durable, practical, quick access, configurable, safe, very good locks. http://www.meihokagaku.jp/products/deta ... duct_id=20
http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/prod ... white.html here more specific...

Works for hard baits and other tackle too. Reels in their boxes, jigs, big baits...