Had to protest my TW charge

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Had to protest my TW charge

Post by KP Duty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 am

I purchased 2 new crucial's among other things from TW last month, and decided I was going to go a different route and sent the rods back. A couple of weeks later I noticed the credit back was only for one rod and phoned them with the discrepancy. He said they must have only received one rod and to check around my living room. I just told him not only do I distinctly remember packaging back up the two rods right after I opened them, but a 6'8" rod can't fall in between the couch cushions. I said no big deal...I've got my UPS receipt. He said my receipt was essentially worthless because even though it has the exact weight of the rod tube I sent back, I can't prove what was in the package. So my TW receipt and UPS receipt provide no protection. That was it. It was a 'Sorry buddy...wish I could help you' sort of deal. So I called my CC company and protested rhe charge. I've been buying from them for years and this is the first issue I've ever run into. I know the guy I talked to didn't personally unwrap the rod tube I sent so you can't really be upset with who you talk to. We'll see what happens.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Had to protest my TW charge

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:48 am

Try asking to talk with a manager, if you have an account they can see you have been a long time customer without a history of causing issues. Someone higher up will see that and should try to make thing right and not want to lose a good customer and have people giving them a bad reputation.

DammitKhoa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DammitKhoa » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:39 am

hungry_cow wrote:Try asking to talk with a manager, if you have an account they can see you have been a long time customer without a history of causing issues. Someone higher up will see that and should try to make thing right and not want to lose a good customer and have people giving them a bad reputation.
+1. I would definitely not let 150-200$ fly out like that without a fight. Definitely ask for a manager.

capt1fish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capt1fish » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 pm

A friend of mine has been black listed from TW for a dispute. Also a "he said/she said" debate. He's provided bank charge statements and spoken to a manager w/o resolution. Shame cause TW has been 100% good to me and most others.

Sorry to hear of your situation.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

I, too, had a bad situation. Ashamed to admit it, but upon taking delivery of a bunch of 20% off goods a couple years back I got busy and didn't notice for an hour or so the rod tube was empty.

Called TW who said they would take care of me. Sent two new rods, sure enough, but charged for one so I actually paid for 3 and received 2. I'll second hungry_cow in 'if you have an account they can see you have been a long time customer without a history of causing issues' and wish you luck if you do not. I'd venture I've spent upward of 10k at that store over the years and I got the short end. I'll still do business with them, but only when I'm crazy not to.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 am

I have made three purchases from TW, and the last two, they sent me rods that looked like factory seconds. Will not be a fourth time.

sac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sac » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:32 pm

I made a $700 and a $300 order within a week with TW. Never received my free t shirts. Called and ask for them and they said sure, next time you order you can get them. Crapy! I had one of the items from the big orders on back order so I asked them to just put the shirts in the shipment with the back ordered item. They said sure! I got my shipment, but they put long sleeve t shirts in and charged me for it. I called again and said I didn't ask for long sleeves and that they charged me for them. They didn't seem to care or want to fix it.
Those were my first orders with them and my last! They just lost a good customer

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

I haven't heard anything yet. I will admit regardless of the outcome I'll most likely still shop there. I compare it to a super hot chick that cheats on you. Sure you can break it off, but you aren't going to get anymore pu...oh nevermind.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:16 am

Im sorry to hear about the situation, it really suck!

I had an issue one time where I ordered a few items but never received the order. A month went by, i even asked neighbors. WIthout any question they shipped me out a new package, got it a few days later... no problems

jkleino
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jkleino » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:21 am

KP Duty wrote:I haven't heard anything yet. I will admit regardless of the outcome I'll most likely still shop there. I compare it to a super hot chick that cheats on you. Sure you can break it off, but you aren't going to get anymore pu...oh nevermind.
This just made my day. Thanks KP

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 pm

It is my opinion that TWH customer service is slipping. I have noticed some things that have not prevented me from shopping there but has opened my eyes to take a better look around and consider all my options. I think they may have gotten new people or maybe are getting "too big" that the customer service is suffering here and there.