Take a Tour Through Your Tackle while on Lockdown

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Take a Tour Through Your Tackle while on Lockdown

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:13 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, this time on the bench has helped me go through all my tackle and really reevaluate what it is I need and want moving forward. Honestly I've saved more money because I've found stuff I was set to buy like a spool of 25lb floro :lol: :lol: Imagine the look on my face when i found a full spool in my stash. Now I also have a stash of lures that I just have, from jigs to hard baits to multiple packs of hooks of the same type. I've even found some reels with absolutely no purpose.
Stepping back from all that it would appear that I am a die hard jig fishing freak, from the rods to the equipment. Ive recently sold some stuff but my DoLive stash and JDM soft plastics will stay. I've recently discovered Gambit Screw Sinkers that I screw into my cover craw that helps them get deep faster than without a weight and they dont pop out and I've found a stash of them.
Of the stuff that I did sell, it was my intent that someone else would enjoy what was just laying around and instead of buying anything else I just put those funds towards something for the future. I did find some waterbugs, creature baits that were out before any other beaver style baits.

What treasures have you discovered in your own tackle boxes while being on social distance isolation quarantine ?
One of the pluses to this stay at home thing, is being able to look at some of the purchases I've made that was less than poor decisions and most likely too implusive for me to comprehend what I had done..with that being said, i've also been reading the web on certain rods that have caught my eyes. This time has been good for researching tackle both conus and oconus.
I did see 7'3" Airrus Ultra Casting rod with a cool price point that seems interesting. The Taipan rods seems to have a good average of reviews. Sprial wrapped too which is pretty good for the price point

Just some thoughts of mine and to cap it all off,
I have ordered things by mistake but ended up finding it and really finding that it was better than what I wanted and after tacking every bag of plastic out and putting them in my living room and re-sorting once sorted stuff I can't wait until im feeling better to get out on the water.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Take a Tour Through Your Tackle while on Lockdown

Post by fishes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:42 pm

I discovered a whole tackle box full of pitching jigs and football jigs. And like ten evergreen wild hunch cranks. Im still working full-time fortunately but ive still had a lot more time on my hands because I cant do things like go out to dinner or fish as much as ice like, so in my extra time ive reorganized my tackle and serviced all of my reels

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:54 pm

I've managed to rearrange my reel cabinet and find a space for one more...

Bought another reel to fill it 8-[

I've got a constant eye on all my other gear throughout the year, so that's all sorted.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:52 am

We’ve just become ungrounded here in SC so I was able to hit the local pond twice. Prior to that, I had almost a month to paw through my stuff. I won’t be saving ANY money! Another crankin’ rod will be necessary!