Tatula Hate vs newer shimanos

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula Hate vs newer shimanos

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:52 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:48 pm
........serious. Doyo? :roll:
Yeah. Actually. Some of the reels they produce are rather stellar. For instance, the BPS JM Signature Platinum. All aluminum construction, solid internal components, dual braking system. I put it right there with my Shimano CU50E in the fun and overall performance. Ive pulled some big fish from heavy cover using braid with this reel, and no gear issues (unlike some Shimano and Daiwa products Ive been through). So....yeah. =D>
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:19 am

Johnny A wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 am
Johnny A wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:39 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Doyo makes Quantum and Abu reels to the mfgr's specs.
Doyo. They are their own manufacturer that makes many brands as you know of as Abu Garcia, Lews, BPS, Pflueger, and many other internal parts for other companies.
I know who Doyo is and what they do, Banax as well. I can’t tell you about Quantum but I do know Abu designs/engineers their own products. Very few reels are manufactured by the name on the badge. Even Daiwa and Shimano are offshoring some of the manufacturing. The REVOs didn’t generate spontaneously on some South Korean product farm.
Abu and Fenwick maintain a modicum of respect around the world, even if Americans are snobbish about the whole thing.
Quantum is made by Banax.
Yes, Quantum is currently made by Banax, but Doyo made their reels for a number of years. Quantum even had some high-end reels made in Japan back around the turn of the century. They were excellent reels, too. I had the Energy 860PTxm, really great reel, though it was heavy.
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewquante860ptxm.html
Quantum and some Pure Fishing products are just more fine examples of when number-crunchers save pennies and cost millions. But it’s never their fault when the company slowly goes belly up. The American consumer is another big part of the equation. Most people would rather pay $69.99 four times than $159.99 once.
Agreed!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:22 am

Johnny A wrote:
Even Daiwa and Shimano are offshoring some of the manufacturing.
I never heard of a Shimano reel which is not produced by Shimano. Can you please show an example? I was under the impression that Shimano is the only reel company that completely makes their own reels.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:54 am

They would be getting piece time part manufacturing done without doubt. Its a Japanese thing like when Toyota needed parts and a small sewing machine manufacturer came to their rescue - lots of stories like this when in my TQM management class at uni - my lecturer spent a lot of time in japan and said it was very very common.

But to be fair for one reel just to highlight Curado 200 K = Curado DC, Scorpion, Exsence DC. Its not like there's a thousand possible outcomes from one frame - they could but they dont, even other reels seem to only go as far a a few models from one frame.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 am

zalan wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:22 am
Johnny A wrote:
I never heard of a Shimano reel which is not produced by Shimano. Can you please show an example? I was under the impression that Shimano is the only reel company that completely makes their own reels.
They dont make all of the parts in their reels....
<")))><{

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:58 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 am
zalan wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
They dont make all of the parts in their reels....
If they do the main parts and the final assembly, it is still counts as a Shimano produced reel.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm

zalan wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
It would be more instructive for you to research which reels are made by Shimano in Japan, those off-shore and those by a third party. You can come back and share the results of your investigation. Also, my “off-shoring” statement could have also meant Shimano isn’t being manufactured totally in Japan.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Love my Bantams and Metaniums.

Also the Calcutta Conquest is amazing.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm
It would be more instructive for you to research which reels are made by Shimano in Japan, those off-shore and those by a third party. You can come back and share the results of your investigation. Also, my “off-shoring” statement could have also meant Shimano isn’t being manufactured totally in Japan.
Made vs assembled...

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:15 pm

I guess it depends if you like the design or not.