New lures in your box 2021

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New lures in your box 2021

Post by i_am_R2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 pm

Deps Slide Swimmer 115. Been able to play around with it a bit and it is a fun little swim bait. Got a few bites on it so far and each time a fish hit it they have freight trained it.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 pm
Deps Slide Swimmer 115. Been able to play around with it a bit and it is a fun little swim bait. Got a few bites on it so far and each time a fish hit it they have freight trained it.
It looks very nice with a price tag that follows... How does it cast - any “helicopter issues”?

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:53 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:05 am
i_am_R2 wrote:
It looks very nice with a price tag that follows... How does it cast - any “helicopter issues”?
It actually casts pretty well, I was getting pretty good distance on a MH powered rod. It does helicopter a lot though if you are trying to really chuck it out there. With a smoother stroke/lob cast it spins noticeably less in my experience.

I ordered mine from JLS before I knew they were being released in the U.S. and the price was much easier on the wallet

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
I recently purchased one of these for the first time, as well as the Tiny Bullshooter 100. Stoked to give them a whirl. These baits have the X4 Destruction written all over them. :D

The Geecrack Bellows Craw is on my short list. I need to hunt down a Vision 110 R+1 and R+2...I think these, on a straight retrieve, will do well on my home lake.

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Got my first jerkbait in today. Went all in and got a Vision 110 (thanks Christmas giftcards!). Looking forward to trying it out on the spotted seatrout when I can finally get on the water. Now to decide what rod to use it on.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 am
i_am_R2 wrote:
I recently purchased one of these for the first time, as well as the Tiny Bullshooter 100. Stoked to give them a whirl. These baits have the X4 Destruction written all over them. :D

The Geecrack Bellows Craw is on my short list. I need to hunt down a Vision 110 R+1 and R+2...I think these, on a straight retrieve, will do well on my home lake.
Ooo the X4 Destruction would be sweet with this bait, it's one of the few pieces of tackle I wish I hadn't sold. I have been eyeing the Tiny Bullshooter also. If you can report back on how you like it that would be great.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:09 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 am
i_am_R2 wrote:

Ooo the X4 Destruction would be sweet with this bait, it's one of the few pieces of tackle I wish I hadn't sold. I have been eyeing the Tiny Bullshooter also. If you can report back on how you like it that would be great.

It definitely is a special stick. 8-)

Can do, but it will unfortunately be awhile...we have close to two feet of ice here currently. Lol.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:39 am

100 size duo pencil is what I am excited the most. Perfect action and size for smallies in my local rivers.
Duo fangbait DR 120 for pike.
Still trying to decide on a new rat bait.
No new soft plastics, I have too much unused crap as it is and I always end up using the staples.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm

I finally got a tiny klash through that collaboration and sale working class zero did. Somehow I managed to click in time and get one at retail. It’s a really cool bait and I think there’s good reason behind the hype. I’d just wish they would make these more available. There’s no reason why these should be so difficult to get with jacked up black market price. The design is special but the build and components are nothing special and I imagine easy to make. Because of its wild action, it get thrashed up by the trebles pretty quickly. Also, now that I’ve gotten some confidence in the bait, which is a fish catcher, it would be nice if I could get a backup without having to sell organs. It’s understandable that hand made wooden baits, artisan products, made in small batches are limited scores. But this bait seems like it could be cranked out by the 100s. I guess I shouldn’t be whining, it’s a cool bait that deserves some of the hype it gets.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm
I finally got a tiny klash through that collaboration and sale working class zero did. Somehow I managed to click in time and get one at retail. It’s a really cool bait and I think there’s good reason behind the hype. I’d just wish they would make these more available. There’s no reason why these should be so difficult to get with jacked up black market price. The design is special but the build and components are nothing special and I imagine easy to make. Because of its wild action, it get thrashed up by the trebles pretty quickly. Also, now that I’ve gotten some confidence in the bait, which is a fish catcher, it would be nice if I could get a backup without having to sell organs. It’s understandable that hand made wooden baits, artisan products, made in small batches are limited scores. But this bait seems like it could be cranked out by the 100s. I guess I shouldn’t be whining, it’s a cool bait that deserves some of the hype it gets.
Holy mackerel :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had never heard of DRT or the Tiny Klash. It seems to be a great bait, but we only have two kidneys... what sort of rope do you throw it on :lol:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:42 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:32 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Holy mackerel :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had never heard of DRT or the Tiny Klash. It seems to be a great bait, but we only have two kidneys... what sort of rope do you throw it on :lol:

Nothing special really. I haven’t played much with testing different lines. I put it on P-line cxx and have just stuck with that. I have developed a lot of confidence in that line over the years and like it with hard baits in general. I’m using only 15test because that is the one of the few Japanese lines that seems to fish way above its weight rating. That diameter of line seems to work with the many different retrieves the bait offers. Haven’t lost it yet, but there isn’t a bait out there I can’t lose or break really well.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 am

I will try the Tiny Klash if I ever find some for sale. I have some handmade Norwegian salmon and trout crankbaits/minnows (https://www.bewawobbler.com/). They are so expensive today that I tend to keep them in the box...the thought of losing a 50 - 200 USD lure is just :crying: No line is thick enough :lol:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:37 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 am
I will try the Tiny Klash if I ever find some for sale. I have some handmade Norwegian salmon and trout crankbaits/minnows (https://www.bewawobbler.com/). They are so expensive today that I tend to keep them in the box...the thought of losing a 50 - 200 USD lure is just :crying: No line is thick enough :lol:
If you can find one at the retail price, I think the cost is justifiable given the excitement for the angler and attention from fish the bait produces. It’s definitely worth the price of 3 vision 110s. It’s just that they are hard to come by at the price DRT has set because they release them so infrequently.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:59 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
I finally got a tiny klash through that collaboration and sale working class zero did.
Nice... I picked up the Ghost ;)

I have far too many new-to-me baits for 2021 already. Here are some of the highlights:

- Toxic Baits WnC, Trucha, Mini Trucha, Wad3 Hogg, Mini Mink (we stopped by his shop after a day on the Delta :lol: )
- Pizz Beast... I had a DDT but lost it already on only my second cast with the bait 😢
- Limit Lures Trout Glide
- DockRat Trout Glide
- Ayumi S-Quad
- Gan Craft JoiCrawler
- Hoog Trout Glide
- KGB Legend
- Legrady Donut & Shortcake
- Madness Balam 300
- DreamSmasher gill and shad swimbaits
- Phenix Baits jigs and vibrating jigs
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 am

Drakestar wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:49 pm
I got a bunch of the Megabass Uoze Swimmer Jigs that I'm excited to try out when my lakes gain sufficient grass again. I throw both underspins and swimjigs in those fisheries, this looks like a good crossover. (Just a bit worried about the durability of the attached blade, reportedly it bends and breaks after a few fish).

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megabas ... -MBUS.html
One of my favorites from last year... I fish it with a Spicy Beaver trailer =D>
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"