Second best CF Daiwa handle after RCS

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Kaoma
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Second best CF Daiwa handle after RCS

Post by Kaoma » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 am

Which is the second best Daiwa CF handle after RCS brand? Looking to replace my handle on the Luna 203L and the prices for RCS handle are way too high.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Second best CF Daiwa handle after RCS

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 am

The Daiwa brand 90mm CF handle is identical other than the cosmetics and the price from what I've seen.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Kaoma
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kaoma » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:43 pm

The Daiwa OEM CF handle is looking good but the price is not far from the RCS handle. I much rather get the Daiwa OEM handle if the price would be more affordable.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:54 am

Look at buying something second hand. It will be a little cheaper if cost is a concern. Of course there are plenty of cheaper CF handles out there on EBay.

Not sure how anyone can define best when it comes to a CF handle. IZE, ITO, ZPI, RCS, Studio composites, stock Daiwa CF 80 and 90mm handles all come to mind. Unless you get a knock off or a Chinese cheaper made handle most all will be fairly expensive.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:54 am
Look at buying something second hand. It will be a little cheaper if cost is a concern. Of course there are plenty of cheaper CF handles out there on EBay.

Not sure how anyone can define best when it comes to a CF handle. IZE, ITO, ZPI, RCS, Studio composites, stock Daiwa CF 80 and 90mm handles all come to mind. Unless you get a knock off or a Chinese cheaper made handle most all will be fairly expensive.
This about sums it up. Unless you're looking for something on the cheap, then look at Gomexus and Ray's Studio on ebay. There is no best, it's subjective taste and cosmetic appearance to coincide with a particular reel.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:50 pm

Probably RCS cause I feel the SLP is first... Hahaha

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:10 am

To me, the RCS/Daiwa are very similar, may even be same handle with different marketing. I've also got a few ZPI's and Bassart's, which are all nice. I picked up a few CF's off ebay from the guy in Ukraine - sdscustom. They are... usable, I guess is the best I can say. They flex more than the RCS/Diawa/ZPI/Bassart, and the handle screw is easy to strip. If you just want a CF for the looks, they work fine, and probably work fine for any type of fw fishing. Still, I prefer the name brands and most of my CF's are now one of the brands listed above...

Also, ZPI apparently is getting out of the accessories/tune up parts business, so if you want ZPI now is the time... they will be getting harder to find going foward.