Spool pin remover - Best you've used?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Spool pin remover - Best you've used?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 am

tincanary wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:21 am
78Staff wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:02 am
Of course I've been wanting to order a SLP Driver no 4 for a while now, but $70 for a screwdriver...dang. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and grab both. If I amortize the cost across my all my Daiwa's it would only work out to a few dollars a reel :lol:
Try a Wiha 4mm, fits the Daiwa screws perfectly and costs less than $10, made in Germany. I toyed around with getting the SLP No. 4 but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of coin on a single screwdriver.
Agreed, Wiha makes world-class tools, period.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm

tincanary wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:21 am
78Staff wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:02 am
Of course I've been wanting to order a SLP Driver no 4 for a while now, but $70 for a screwdriver...dang. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and grab both. If I amortize the cost across my all my Daiwa's it would only work out to a few dollars a reel :lol:
Try a Wiha 4mm, fits the Daiwa screws perfectly and costs less than $10, made in Germany. I toyed around with getting the SLP No. 4 but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of coin on a single screwdriver.
I've got a few Wiha's, good stuff. I'll check out the 4mm - thanks.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:43 am

I have used one of the generic screw style removers, works okay for occasional cleaning and changing bearings, I just still wish the pin had a knick or bevel or something to indicate the thinner side. Not so hard to find out, just eats me with anxiety ever time...