Simm CX jacket and bib

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Simm CX jacket and bib

Post by Mang » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Anyone put the jacket and bib throw the ringer yet? How well does it keep you dry and durability so far?

I just bought a set and having second thoughts about them already. Jacket didnt come with a second inner liner for the cuffs like my previous jacket (MB brand) this got me a little worried because i hate having water run down my elbows. Then the hoodie its not designed like the challenger or prodry. I can see my face always wet and water down my chest. Wondering if you guys are having any of these issues or im i just over thinking.

shadybanks
Angler
Angler

Re: Simm CX jacket and bib

Post by shadybanks » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:35 pm

I just ordered a set a few days ago and I hope I like them. A place had them marked down to $239 each so I decided to try them out. I didn't really need them, my old Guidewear is still going strong and I stay dry all day.

I haven't found any unbiased reviews on them yet. I did watch a few vids on them but it was all Simm's people doing the reviews. I did notice that in several of the pictures of people wearing them that the bibs looked like they fit funny in the legs or else they had really short people wearing them.

I'm starting to second guess it myself if it doesn't have a good hood design. I'm also like you and hate having water run down my sleeve. I guess if I don't like them for fishing they will become my work rain gear.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Thu May 26, 2022 6:44 am

Update....

Been using these bibs 2 to 3 times a week for ice fishing and the Walleye run in WI till now for the Smallie spawn. Was in a 8 hr rain storm and just as I thought my was chest all wet. To avoid this you'll have to face away from the rain or head down the entire time fishing. The cuff didn't do to bad because I was jerk bait fishing most of the time. But I will say this. You have to strap it down next to skin so it does not leak. My hands started to get cold so I was gonna put some hand warmers in my pocket and that was a no go. Had the zippers up too and when I went to put my hands in there those pockets were filled with water. Would be nice to have the jacket have some waist adjustment. It just sits on you and sags and after a while they feel heavy on you. For the bibs at 6 hrs in the crouch area started to feel wet. At the end of the day my crouch area, stomach and left knee area by zipper were all wet including the water running down my chest. Did manage to catch my personal best Smallie for 6 pounds 5oz.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Thu May 26, 2022 6:46 am

20220525_195008.jpg
20220525_195008.jpg (136.9 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
Pb

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu May 26, 2022 8:49 am

Beautiful football! What are the deets on the tackle used?

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Thu May 26, 2022 9:18 pm

I was using my 6'8 St.Croix Legend elite paired with a OG Steez 6.3Sv with the orange accents. 8lbs Seagar basix throwing a 110 Jr. Pearl

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri May 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Nice! 8-)

I have a couple of the iceberg brown 68LEMXFs, and I love them for 1/4oz puffball style jigs.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:07 am

Update on the repair on bibs from Simms. Sent these early October they repaired the crotch area but after testing they were still leaking in that area. Contacted them again and did a return again for a second repair. Mid Nov they received the bibs. Never got any word from them about my repair. Contacted them again they did confirm they got the package and are working on my repair expected up to 5 weeks. I ask them for a new pair but that was a no go. Finally got a email to tell me that my package is lost. Called them but they can't do anything but to file a claim for lost package. I didn't think Simms was this bad with customer service support. Is Simms customer service normally this poor?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:17 am

Mang wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:07 am
Update on the repair on bibs from Simms. Sent these early October they repaired the crotch area but after testing they were still leaking in that area. Contacted them again and did a return again for a second repair. Mid Nov they received the bibs. Never got any word from them about my repair. Contacted them again they did confirm they got the package and are working on my repair expected up to 5 weeks. I ask them for a new pair but that was a no go. Finally got a email to tell me that my package is lost. Called them but they can't do anything but to file a claim for lost package. I didn't think Simms was this bad with customer service support. Is Simms customer service normally this poor?
I have had nothing but good experience with Simms. Mostly exchanges for sizes but, they seemed to be attentive and pretty speedy. I know that repair window is pretty typical for outdoor clothing such as Sitka Gear.

I can also say that carriers have been pretty awful lately. Not blaming the person delivering, it is just how their systems are. The holidays couldn't have helped either. Outside of FedEx delivering a couple 2 piece trout rods from Digitaka, tracking is off and packages will be "stuck" at one site for about a week.

You got in the odd pickle of "who done it". If the package shipped out from them, wouldn't they be the ones to file a claim? I only ever filed a claim via USPS and I had to ask the sender (broken rods in a tube via tube crushed).
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:19 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:17 am
Mang wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:07 am
I have had nothing but good experience with Simms. Mostly exchanges for sizes but, they seemed to be attentive and pretty speedy. I know that repair window is pretty typical for outdoor clothing such as Sitka Gear.

I can also say that carriers have been pretty awful lately. Not blaming the person delivering, it is just how their systems are. The holidays couldn't have helped either. Outside of FedEx delivering a couple 2 piece trout rods from Digitaka, tracking is off and packages will be "stuck" at one site for about a week.

You got in the odd pickle of "who done it". If the package shipped out from them, wouldn't they be the ones to file a claim? I only ever filed a claim via USPS and I had to ask the sender (broken rods in a tube via tube crushed).
I just got off the phone with CS. They did find my package. After an hr or so she said she will get this resolved. Only downfall was the wait time nearly 3 months to get these fixed. All she can tell me was that there was some mess up with my warranty. She didn't go into detail.

I've got alot of Sitka clothing too. Let's hope I don't have bad experience with these guys too. 😅 sure is expensive hunting and fishing.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:19 am

I'm glad your issue has been resolved.

I have only read about warranty/CS about Sitka from others. I found their CS to be really good. I haven't had to warranty anything from them (knock on wood).

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:41 am

Got the bibs back doesn't look like they even touched it. Just did a quick leak down test and no good. It still leaks. Damn who the hell works back there?

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:35 am

Simms recently did get bought out… exactly what I expected to hear, unfortunately.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:23 pm

Maybe they just missed it idk. But I did get a prodry bib from them for 200 bucks and kept the old bibs. I took that deal instead of a free replacement. I repaired it my self so no longer leaks at the seam. Plus another 30 percent off for future purchases, so I think thats a win for me. In the end I'm happy.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:32 pm

Mang wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:23 pm
Maybe they just missed it idk. But I did get a prodry bib from them for 200 bucks and kept the old bibs. I took that deal instead of a free replacement. I repaired it my self so no longer leaks at the seam. Plus another 30 percent off for future purchases, so I think thats a win for me. In the end I'm happy.
I appreciate you posting your final experience with them. It is usually easy for people to complain about a bad experience than to write about a good one.

I'd definitely say that is a win for you :lol: