Graduation

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Graduation

Post by goldrod » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Covid has taught us if nothing else that tomorrow really isn't promised. I've been on this site for a many months and I have to say that I've finally graduated.. Not that there aren't great rods on our shores but buying a new rod from over seas always gave me a bit of a funny feeling.. But when i looked at the current offerings and my Kenny Powers inner self could no longer be held I said
do it.. do it now.. lol

its time to get rid of alot of stuff or pass it down but I finally over came my fears and made the move..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Graduation

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:22 am

A rod from Japan is a bit of a gamble. Even if they pack it right, it might still be damaged in transit. It really is nice to own a rod that no one else has, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:59 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:22 am
A rod from Japan is a bit of a gamble. Even if they pack it right, it might still be damaged in transit. It really is nice to win a rod that no one else has, though.
Yeah brother
I’m here in this thing attending
Wife received the rod and I had her to open it. She normally opens my mail anyways so why stop now. Lol. Took 72 hours to get here from Japan
That was the best part.
I’ll give more detail when I get it in my hand. I ordered 6”10 as a precaution
So hopefully all is well
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:37 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:59 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:22 am
A rod from Japan is a bit of a gamble. Even if they pack it right, it might still be damaged in transit. It really is nice to win a rod that no one else has, though.
Yeah brother
I’m here in this thing attending
Wife received the rod and I had her to open it. She normally opens my mail anyways so why stop now. Lol. Took 72 hours to get here from Japan
That was the best part.
I’ll give more detail when I get it in my hand. I ordered 6”10 as a precaution
So hopefully all is well
Wow that's great!! I always wanted to order a JDM rod but to afraid of it showing up broken. Where did you order it from if I may ask

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:53 pm

I have sat here long enough gunshy but I was in a pickle.
I saw rods I wanted but they were priced for todays market which is high.. When i did the math I could have a new JDM rod and I am glad I did.. I ordered the poison glorious medium and it came in a tube. I stood on the tube and it was not flexing under my weight.
I needed to know first hand what the difference was between the poison Glorious medium and the Expride medium and the PA med +. From what I can tell now, the glorious is right in between. I ordered from JDMtackleheaven and it came in fast. I have the BFS , and ultima and racing design and two of the evergreen rods on the list so thats where I am.. I have two conquest DC reels to figure out what to do with now..

I waited for YEARS before I pulled to trigger on a rod but after seeing how they shipped it I am at peace. plus all the points I aqcuired helped me out.. I should have done this sooner

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:28 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:53 pm
I have sat here long enough gunshy but I was in a pickle.
I saw rods I wanted but they were priced for todays market which is high.. When i did the math I could have a new JDM rod and I am glad I did.. I ordered the poison glorious medium and it came in a tube. I stood on the tube and it was not flexing under my weight.
I needed to know first hand what the difference was between the poison Glorious medium and the Expride medium and the PA med +. From what I can tell now, the glorious is right in between. I ordered from JDMtackleheaven and it came in fast. I have the BFS , and ultima and racing design and two of the evergreen rods on the list so thats where I am.. I have two conquest DC reels to figure out what to do with now..

I waited for YEARS before I pulled to trigger on a rod but after seeing how they shipped it I am at peace. plus all the points I aqcuired helped me out.. I should have done this sooner
As you branch out to other dealers, you might find that the packaging does vary. Although I’ve been uncomfortable with the packaging on occasion, I’ve never had a single rod from Japan arrive in nothing less that perfect condition. Tackle heaven definitely has is down though. You couldn’t flex those grey tubes he uses with a dump truck. They would break the motor on a conveyer if they got stuck.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:01 pm

goldrod wrote:
I needed to know first hand what the difference was between the poison Glorious medium and the Expride medium and the PA med +. From what I can tell now, the glorious is right in between.
When you say “sits right inbetween”, do you mean the taper and power? Is the PG noticeable stiffer/crisper than the Expride? Thinking jerkbaits in particular.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:01 pm
goldrod wrote:
I needed to know first hand what the difference was between the poison Glorious medium and the Expride medium and the PA med +. From what I can tell now, the glorious is right in between.
When you say “sits right inbetween”, do you mean the taper and power? Is the PG noticeable stiffer/crisper than the Expride? Thinking jerkbaits in particular.
I’m my humble opinion
The poison Adrena has more power and a faster taper then the expride
So the Glorious to straddles the fence of both in my hands. I’m hoping to get a true bottom contact Glorious rod early next year after I recover from this second Steez A. And zillion hd

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:59 pm
Drakestar wrote:
goldrod wrote:
I’m my humble opinion
So the Glorious to straddles the fence of both in my hands. I’m hoping to get a true bottom contact Glorious rod early next year after I recover from this second Steez A. And zillion hd
Luckily this TackleTour and I’ve already ordered a PG 6’10” M :lol: :lol: So I’ll be able to add my impressions on how it compares to both the PA and Expride soon.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:37 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 pm
goldrod wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:59 pm
Drakestar wrote:
goldrod wrote:
I’m my humble opinion
Luckily this TackleTour and I’ve already ordered a PG 6’10” M :lol: :lol: So I’ll be able to add my impressions on how it compares to both the PA and Expride soon.
Sounds Great.. I hope you like it as much as I do

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:53 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:37 pm
Drakestar wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 pm
Sounds Great.. I hope you like it as much as I do
Got it today, was surprised that the 1610M is a two-piece rod with handle + blank. I guess all Poison Glorious over 6'6" are that way?