What sunglasses are you rocking?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What sunglasses are you rocking?

Post by doomtrprz71 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:59 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:00 pm
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:59 pm
My go to for fishing are Oakley turbine rotors with maritime lenses.
I have this too just a bit tight on me though.
The regular turbine are too tight on me but the turbine rotors are perfect, the fuel cells are just a hair bigger

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:22 am

I really love lenses of my Leech H4X Night, because I'm really impressed how much those increase contrast in low light conditions. I was struggling to seeing. Branches are without leefs and land is still on ice / snow, scheme is pretty much black and white. There's not too much sun, so I didn't use sunglasses at the beginning of season. But I lost some lures, because I just didn't see branches (and used FC line because of freezing temperature). But now I have found that how much those helps me seeing in low light conditions, I use those until sunset or over :D I'm that silly looking guy with shades on in the evening. It's sure that Leech H4X Night's is not as good as premium glass lenses but I try to not to scratch my plastic lenses.

I purchased other Leech glasses. FISHPRO CX400. Those are in my opinion really good when there's more light.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:12 pm

Has anyone tried the Oakley Clifden? They look like they'd cover the sun from all angles.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:48 pm

Maui Jim- Byron Bay with HT lenses.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:29 pm

Definitely Costa.
Love the lenses. Frames quality and shapes are not the best though…

BasserJim
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BasserJim » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:51 am

Costa Del Mar in Blue Mirror
-------------------

ProStaff - S.H. Fishin Sticks

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:03 am

Oakley Radar EV Pitch Shallow Water Prizm. Great coverage since I don't get any glare from the sides either.

I couldn't find the Radar EV Pitch frame with the shallow water lens so I had to buy a Radar EV Path and the Pitch shallow water lens seperately. Lens' are interchangeable between the pitch and the path frame.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Ok, so I just received a pair of Costa Ferg XL in green mirror 580p (plastic lens), and they are amazing. They have the extra side piece so that it wraps better around your eyes and the nose piece is fully adjustable; so it fits perfectly where I want them considering I have a huge Korean head and shorter nose bridge.

They're obviously heavier than the Maui Jims that I also bought, but the polarization and contrast is wayyyyy better. I'll keep the Maui Jims as my driving glasses and use these Costas for fishing. I'm a happy camper!

Thanks you guys for sharing! Finally found a good pair of sunglasses that I love!

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:18 pm

Been using a pair of Kaenon Rhinos for 12 years happily. The smell of sunscreen long since seared into them.

If/when they ever break, I'll replace them with Costas. Forgotten my glasses on a couple trips and the guide I use wears Costas so I've borrowed one of his extra pairs and they seem great and I prefer their aesthetic to my glasses.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 pm

I use a pair of Maui Jim and Costa but in my opinion the Smith Optics with glass lenses are the very best and what I use the most.

Shadowcaster1969
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Shadowcaster1969 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 am

Maui Jim StingRay, Prescription Glass Lens. 7 years and still going strong.

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am

Been happy with my Onos Carabelle's wit magnified bifocals. should probably sell all of my costas that just sit in the drawer

Vooden
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vooden » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:52 am

If you have terrible eye sight like me, severely nearsighted with a correction prism, and you want to get prescription shades for fishing, check out Sport Rx and the Wiley frames that will accept extreme prescriptions. They’re expensive, $400+ with all the lens treatments, but I almost fell to my knees when I finally got them and tried them on the water. Simply life changing.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:00 pm

I fish with the best rods/reels you can buy. I wear the cheapest sunglasses you can buy. I've owned Costas, Oakleys, etc. I lost them all. Rods... I have an easier time not losing those.

mbg60
Angler
Angler

Post by mbg60 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:44 pm

Within the last 35 years I've used all the top brands. Started with Costa, then Ray Ban, Maui Jim, Oakley, Maui Jim again, and for the last 8 years I'm back to Costa. One thing is certain, glass for clarity and sharpness over poly-carbonate. Top two are MJ and Costa with Costa on top. The 580G with Green Mirror has been my go to here in Hawaii and on fishing trips to Kiritimati.Works well for me in almost all conditions. Just got some Silver Mirrors to try for overcast days.