plat.co.jp birthdate required?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
sbd3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

plat.co.jp birthdate required?

Post by sbd3 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Anyone shop for their tackle at plat.co.jp? I went to purchase an item there and in order to check out an account is required, which in order to create also required providing your birthdate which I'm not comfortable giving in the name of privacy and safety. Is there a reason as to why would they require this? I don't recall having to do this at a few other jdm sites I've ordered form.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: plat.co.jp birthdate required?

Post by dennis_rf » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:56 pm

Best guess is to check if you are old enough to do business.
Whenever a shop asked my this, I was born on January 1st on my actual birth year. It never came up a second time when online shopping… it’s not my apple-ID :D

Vooden
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vooden » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:59 am

I have bought at least four rods from Plat and they have always been reliable and good at email with US customers. I also share your caution about data privacy. If your not comfortable giving out such personal details as dob, I would send an email and ask them if it’s necessary to place your order.

sbd3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sbd3 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:16 pm

Vooden wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:59 am
I have bought at least four rods from Plat and they have always been reliable and good at email with US customers. I also share your caution about data privacy. If your not comfortable giving out such personal details as dob, I would send an email and ask them if it’s necessary to place your order.
I actually did send them an email asking if I could create an account without providing my dob right before I started this thread, never heard back from them.

Vooden
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vooden » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear their services are slipping. I wonder if the management has changed or they sold their storefront.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 pm

My complaint is it didn't seem like they had a lot in stock.