Free rigging a wacky worm

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Free rigging a wacky worm

Post by toddmc » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:50 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:30 pm
toddmc wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:27 pm
Just like the fishing pressure in Japan, the clearwater golf course lakes all around me get beat to death. You constantly have to evolve to get bit. A lot of times, it is really just about giving them something different to see, like was said. The free rig works well with my fishing slow baits fast style. I haven't thrown the wacky rig with it though. No one should ever be afraid to throw never heard of plastics on different rigs. I recently starting fishing a beaver and other creature baits on a weighted wide gap soft jerkbait hook because a Texas rig sinks too far in the carpet of grass. It spirals and glides a bit like a tube. It is also crazy weedless. This alone is enough to try it in really weedy areas. There is just enough clean water above the blanket of grass below to give the fish time to eat the bait. The other anglers are all throwing senkos and swimbaits that the fish are tired of. This bait gets crushed. I've cleaned up behind other anglers with both the free rig and other rigs that the fish don't see.
Have you tried any flat baits like the OSP Dolive Gill, Jackall Honey Nugget, Geecrack Bellows Gill, etc? You can rig these up in a number of ways, and most of them are heavy enough to fish weightless.
I have fished the beaver effectively with it. I've thrown the Bellows Gill, but not on the free rig. I just happened past TW and saw the video with Lintner throwing the Honey Nugget on the free rig.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/vlogpag ... de=VLOG562