Abu Garcia Veritas an Vendetta rods ?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Abu Garcia Veritas an Vendetta rods ?

Post by bassdawg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 am

Glad to see Tackletour back up , i was lost without it . Now i have 2 St Croix MoJo rods 1 baitcaster ,1 spinning so i have my heart on one of these in baitcasting an spinning since i dont have a lot of money . Has anyone had good luck with these rods , i want to put my revo priemer on one an my soron on the spinning . Thanks for your input . :?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Abu Garcia Veritas an Vendetta rods ?

Post by smalljaw » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:02 am

My opinion is probably different than a lot of others here but I have a Vendetta casting rod and while I don't own a Mojo I have fished with one of my friends and I really love the Vendetta a lot more. For me the Vendetta has fished far above its price point, the TT review was pretty much what I've found and that is it is an excellent caster with a ton of back bone but not heavy, I have the VTC 66-5 which is a 6'6" Medium power/fast action rod that I use for jerkbaits, lipless and shallow cranks and it has plenty of feel with those baits, as far as sensitivity, well I don't use the rod for bottom presentations but with the way I can feel the shallow cranks I'm pretty sure it is good in that aspect as well. The Mojo wasn't a bad rod but it didn't feel that good to me while fishing it, but it was on par with rods in that price point so if you want to compare side by side,I'd say the Vendetta is a better rod overall and is less expensive also, great bang for the buck, Abu did a great job on that rod. My advice would be to find a tackle store that carries both and see which one feels better to you, because in all honesty, I fished the Mojo with a different reel (not my own set up) and line and that probably made a big difference with the feel but for the money you really can't go wrong with the Vendetta, JMO.
Barlow's Tackle

bigfish85
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfish85 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:19 am

Both feel like very nice rods to me. I work p/t at BPS here in town and we've messed around with both quite a bit. The reel seat/trigger on the Veritas is a little uncomfortable to me. Other than that, they both feel great.

curls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by curls » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:46 am

I fished extensively with the 7'3" Heavy Abu Vendetta last season. It was great. This year I'm going with a 7'6" Veritas or Verdict (probably the Verdict as it'll collapse into my basement rod storage easier). Abu rods fish well above their pricepoint and I love 'em for that!
If you can, get the Veritas. It's a LOT lighter than the Vendetta (which was light but not "that" light). The Verdicts are a step up on the Veritas' in weight and presumably performance. :)

bassdawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassdawg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey thanks for all the info i will get the Vendetta . After i use it i will post my thoughts with this rod .

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 pm

IMO they are both great rods and do fish like more expensive rods. Cant go worng with either!
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 pm

I have both the mojo and the vendetta...both casting...my buddy has a veritas...i have to say the veritas is my favorite, imo its better than the mojo...
stress-what happens between fishing trips

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bob Ellis » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm

If you are into spinning rods, none of them are comfortable. With a reel mounted you'll have your hand over the aluminum knob and threads more than any foam grip

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

I own a Vengeance and Veritas, have fished with a few Vendettas. IMO the Veritas is well worth the extra $20 over the Vendetta. The Veritas feels noticeably lighter in my hands and although sensitivity is very hard to compare I would give the edge to the Veritas.

I've been extremely happy with my Veritas, one of my favorite rods, especially for the money. My biggest complaint is the reel seat. The locking nut is not very comfortable and I'm not sure why they didn't spend the extra $1 to put rubber or something around the edge. Overall it's a relatively minor complaint though--if the rod feels comfortable to you I don't think you can go wrong in the $100 range.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

breezy wrote:IMO the Veritas is well worth the extra $20 over the Vendetta. The Veritas feels noticeably lighter in my hands and although sensitivity is very hard to compare I would give the edge to the Veritas.

I agree 100000000%...Veritas is worth way more then $100 bucks...and the Vendetta feels like an $80 rod....the Veritas is much more sensitive also, even though it is made with the same 30 ton graphite...its the exposed reel seat and the nano technology that puts this rod over the edge....im def. buying some Veritas rods
stress-what happens between fishing trips

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

ecu daniel 14 wrote:
breezy wrote:IMO the Veritas is well worth the extra $20 over the Vendetta. The Veritas feels noticeably lighter in my hands and although sensitivity is very hard to compare I would give the edge to the Veritas.

I agree 100000000%...Veritas is worth way more then $100 bucks...and the Vendetta feels like an $80 rod....the Veritas is much more sensitive also, even though it is made with the same 30 ton graphite...its the exposed reel seat and the nano technology that puts this rod over the edge....im def. buying some Veritas rods
I'm not positive exactly what the differences are but the Veritas does feel like a much nicer rod. I would think just the SiC guides are worth the extra $20.