Kistler Alabama Rig Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Kistler Alabama Rig Rod

Post by BigG » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Looking at their 7 6 Al Rig Rod. This rod has a moderate action. What do you guys think of this action for A-rigs? I already own a bunch of Kistler rods, and love them. Mostly interested in what action to use.

NoCompetition
Angler
Angler

Re: Kistler Alabama Rig Rod

Post by NoCompetition » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey there I just got a Kistler Z-bone Umbrella Rig Special last Wednesday I just got out on the water this past week, and it is sweet rod!!! I know you have to take my testimony with a grain of salt, but it has a nice softer action and great feel as far as sensitivity goes. Oh and for a 7'6" heavy action rod it very light! I have mine paired up with a Okuma Komodo and wow great combo for throwing the Alabama Rig!

Rob Bogin
Pro-Staff Kistler Rods

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:39 am

Rob, Do you think this rod would work well for big topwater lures ( over 2 ozs) with braided line.

NoCompetition
Angler
Angler

Post by NoCompetition » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

Oh absoulutly!! I tied on a frog to see what else I might use the Kistler Z-bone Umbrella Rig Rod for and it's great for frogs and swimbaits!! The rod is rated up to 4oz so it will handle a 2oz top water just fine. I throw my A-rig on braid as well as my frogs and it's flawless!!

Rob Bogin
Pro-Staff Kistler Rods

branover
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by branover » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

NoCompetition wrote:Oh absoulutly!! I tied on a frog to see what else I might use the Kistler Z-bone Umbrella Rig Rod for and it's great for frogs and swimbaits!! The rod is rated up to 4oz so it will handle a 2oz top water just fine. I throw my A-rig on braid as well as my frogs and it's flawless!!

Rob Bogin
Pro-Staff Kistler Rods
Good to know, I'm in the market for a rod for throwing 1oz+ topwater poppers

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks for the help, just ordered this rod.