Tatula Signature Series

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula Signature Series

Post by TommyG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:33 pm

chadhines81 wrote:
mokujon wrote:99% sure I'll be picking this up Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'3" Med Hvy Ehrler and pairing it with a Tatula SV 7.3:1. Can't wait to get them.
This setup just arrived today. Combo felt really good in hand. Wont get a chance to use it until the weekend unfourtunatley.
Is the grip a full size or one of the "slim" grips ??

chadhines81
Angler
Angler

Post by chadhines81 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:22 pm

hysupra wrote:Ide love to see some pics. Especially of the balance point.
If I knew how to post pictures on here I would do that. However the balance point was just in front of the reel at the hook hanger. I have only tied on the rubber driveway weight to test it out so far.
Last edited by chadhines81 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chadhines81
Angler
Angler

Post by chadhines81 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 pm

TommyG wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
mokujon wrote:99% sure I'll be picking this up Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'3" Med Hvy Ehrler and pairing it with a Tatula SV 7.3:1. Can't wait to get them.
This setup just arrived today. Combo felt really good in hand. Wont get a chance to use it until the weekend unfourtunatley.
The grip feels normal to me.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:09 pm

TommyG wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
So I'm not the only one who has found the Tatula grips to be a little on the small side. I definitely don't mind them being smaller but I notice a substantial difference when I switch to a rod with a larger diameter grip. For those of you who have an original Tatula (the 7'ML and 7'M in particular) would you say the Signature's are the same size?

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 am

chadhines81 wrote:
What kind of line are you putting on this setup? I was going to go with 12 lb flouro.

chadhines81
Angler
Angler

Post by chadhines81 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:31 pm

mokujon wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
What kind of line are you putting on this setup? I was going to go with 12 lb flouro.
I put 14 lb sniper on it.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 am

chadhines81 wrote:
mokujon wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
is the 7'3 ehrler rod a true fast taper? also how much do the ags guides enhance the sensitivity if that's even quantifiable?

chadhines81
Angler
Angler

Post by chadhines81 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Chode wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
mokujon wrote:
chadhines81 wrote:
is the 7'3 ehrler rod a true fast taper? also how much do the ags guides enhance the sensitivity if that's even quantifiable?
To me it is a true fast. I guess it depends on whose "fast" you are used to. I can't answer the ags guide question as the 7'3" does not have them on it.

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 am

The 7'3" is not AGS, it is quite sensitive either way though. I got to try mine out, along with the 7'1" Heavy, 7' MMH, and the 7'4" glass rod, all of which I am very pleased with. The 7'3" I used quite a bit and caught a good amount of fish on, it feels like a true fast action, and was very easy to tell difference between wood, grass, rocks, fish. It loads up very well with a fish on and I managed to get them all in that I had on, granted nothing was over 2lbs. I was using them for a 3/8oz T-Rig with zoom zcraw jr, and my other one had a 1/4oz T-Rig with a 5" senko. All in all very pleased with the rod and reel combo with the Tatula SV. As for the other rods, the 7'1" H does have a slightly faster tip, not XF, but not Fast either. It does allow you to skip quite easily especially with the Tatula SV on it. Sensitivity again was on par with the other and loaded up nicely with fish on. The 7' MMH is a cool rod, i was using it with a weightless Yamamoto D-Shad and it cast very easily with that (SS SV reel). It really is right in between a medium and medium heavy, the tip i wouldnt consider a true XF, but definitely faster than fast. Caught the most on this rod actually and it load very well and kept all the fish pinned, I really enjoy this setup, and i think it will be great for finesse jigs as well which was my original plan, but the weightless dshad was catching fish so i just kept it on. The 7'4" Glass model I got specifically for chatterbaits, had a 3/8oz jackhammer w/Zako on it and it will rifle that bait out. Being a "glass" rod it is a bit tip heavy, but when i was using it i didnt notice it really as its usually a tip down technique with that combo. Caught some fish and it does have that perfect delay, all the fish had the bait deep and hooked really well, and it played the fish perfectly. I honestly cant say enough good things about these rods and Tat SV reels after using them, granted only for one trip, but i do for sure see more in my future.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 am

that's my fault. was thinking of the 7'4 Monroe when i was talking about the AGS.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:04 am

kstephes033 wrote:The 7'3" is not AGS, it is quite sensitive either way though. I got to try mine out, along with the 7'1" Heavy, 7' MMH, and the 7'4" glass rod, all of which I am very pleased with. The 7'3" I used quite a bit and caught a good amount of fish on, it feels like a true fast action, and was very easy to tell difference between wood, grass, rocks, fish. It loads up very well with a fish on and I managed to get them all in that I had on, granted nothing was over 2lbs. I was using them for a 3/8oz T-Rig with zoom zcraw jr, and my other one had a 1/4oz T-Rig with a 5" senko. All in all very pleased with the rod and reel combo with the Tatula SV. As for the other rods, the 7'1" H does have a slightly faster tip, not XF, but not Fast either. It does allow you to skip quite easily especially with the Tatula SV on it. Sensitivity again was on par with the other and loaded up nicely with fish on. The 7' MMH is a cool rod, i was using it with a weightless Yamamoto D-Shad and it cast very easily with that (SS SV reel). It really is right in between a medium and medium heavy, the tip i wouldnt consider a true XF, but definitely faster than fast. Caught the most on this rod actually and it load very well and kept all the fish pinned, I really enjoy this setup, and i think it will be great for finesse jigs as well which was my original plan, but the weightless dshad was catching fish so i just kept it on. The 7'4" Glass model I got specifically for chatterbaits, had a 3/8oz jackhammer w/Zako on it and it will rifle that bait out. Being a "glass" rod it is a bit tip heavy, but when i was using it i didnt notice it really as its usually a tip down technique with that combo. Caught some fish and it does have that perfect delay, all the fish had the bait deep and hooked really well, and it played the fish perfectly. I honestly cant say enough good things about these rods and Tat SV reels after using them, granted only for one trip, but i do for sure see more in my future.
Do you think the 7'4" glass model will handle deep cranks like a 6XD ok?

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:11 am

I think it would handle them ok. I would prefer to use a longer rod, but i dont see any issues using it for that at all.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 am

kstephes033 wrote:I think it would handle them ok. I would prefer to use a longer rod, but i dont see any issues using it for that at all.
Thanks

mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mokujon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm

On the bottom of the rod is there supposed to be a Daiwa logo on the butt of the rod? If I can I'll take a picture later of what I mean.

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

Yes, there should be a black sticker on end of the rod. One of mine about fell off so just glued it back in place.