Tatula Signature Series

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tatula Signature Series

Post by mokujon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:00 pm

I thought so. Almost all my other rods have something. The Daiwa logo must have fallen off or it never came with one. Oh well I guess.

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Has anyone got or felt the 6'9" medium light?
Looking to grab one.
What i'm particularly interested in is balance.
Hate buying rods online, though specs and cosmetics look good.

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 6'9" Med Lt Feider

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 am

I have the 6'9" ML you are asking about. It is very light weight wise, balances very well with my SS SV. I find it handles baits up to 5/8oz just fine, usually i have a vision 110 on it though. It will rocket the baits out there, loads up very well, only caught a couple on it so far, but has handled the fish just fine, works the bait well, has a shorter handle which is nice so it doesnt get caught up in clothing. All in all a very nice rod.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 am

Hmmm...I too am interested in that rod for the SS SV. What does it excel at throwing aside from jerk baits? Small spinnerbaits, jigs, etc.? How about smaller cranks?

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Honestly i have not thrown anything else on it as i bought it specifically for jerkbaits. Im sure it would handle small cranks well, also could make a pretty decent small swimbait rod like a 1/4oz head or less with a 3" or so swimbait. I would not throw bottom contact baits with it with floro, could be possible with braid, but i still would go a different route for anything bottom contact, it is definitely on the more mod side of things.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Fri May 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Anybody purchase the frog rod? If so some thoughts? How it balance, especially compared to regular tatulas which are very light but a little tip heavy to me....

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 pm

I have the elite frog rod, actually use it for jigs. The balance and weight are both amazing. I have the steez tw A on mine and balance is great. Sensitivity is very good, would make an excellent frog rod but I bought it specifically for throwing 1/2oz jigs which it is great at.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Thanks, great feedback.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Thu May 25, 2017 9:10 am

Out of curiousity, anyone own both the Elite and Signature rods? Wondering how much the AGS guide make a difference in balance/sensitivity?

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:57 am

If by signature you mean the non ags version of the tat elite lineup im guessing?

I have 14 of them now, both spinning and casting, ags and non ags versions. They are all great IMO, all are very well balanced (other than the 7'4" Ehrler crank/chatter rod which is a bit tip heavy). Sensitivity honestly im not sure if it makes a difference yet or not, both are very good in that department. The AGS is lighter, can tell with the longer rods like the 7'4" frog rod and the 7'6" flipping rod. Both are very well balanced, actually have the steez a on my 7'4" and its awesome. Is it worth the extra for the ags guides.... that I really cant answer to be honest. I think the rods would be great without the ags guides as well, but obviously if you want the specific models they are ags only, so no real option without them. I will say i do think it makes a difference on the spinning rods, i feel as if the 7'1" Ehrler model with ags guides is a bit better balanced and lighter than the other 2 models with regular guides i have, and the feel seems to be a little better as well for me with the ags guide spinning rod. Last weekend was fishing a little deeper with a neko (13-15ft) and could feel the hits vs the 7' ML regular guide tat elite with a ned rig i would just lift up and feel weight. So really spinning wise i think it is worth it, casting wise not really sure if it makes a difference, but you dont really have a choice if you want that model.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Anyone know when Daiwa will release an 8' Ish Flipping Stick? I can't remember where I heard it, but I thought one of the pros maybe even Ish said he was using an 8fter for flipping

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm

How would an SS SV 7:1 match with an Ehrler 7' M/MH XF for a variety of techniques? Also have a J-Dream, TD-X Air Metal, Tatula SV, Steez LTD, among others etc. that would/could work on it. Thanks!

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Finnz922 wrote:Anyone know when Daiwa will release an 8' Ish Flipping Stick? I can't remember where I heard it, but I thought one of the pros maybe even Ish said he was using an 8fter for flipping
It's on TW site now

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Big-Bass wrote:How would an SS SV 7:1 match with an Ehrler 7' M/MH XF for a variety of techniques? Also have a J-Dream, TD-X Air Metal, Tatula SV, Steez LTD, among others etc. that would/could work on it. Thanks!

I had my ss sv on that rod, and while it balanced great and was very comfortable, the reel just doesn't have enough drag for how what I use that rod for. It is an amazing rod for finesse jigs, I have been using the Yamamoto d-shad almost exclusively on it up here in MN and its amazing for that. Have used it for smaller t-rigs and it worked well also. Have one of my tat sv on it now and it's great. I may end up just upgrading the drag in the ss sv and putting it back on there, as it felt like a perfect match to me.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:55 am

Rfdong wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:Anyone know when Daiwa will release an 8' Ish Flipping Stick? I can't remember where I heard it, but I thought one of the pros maybe even Ish said he was using an 8fter for flipping
It's on TW site now
Sucks it is only AGS. :?