Tatula Signature Series

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula Signature Series

Post by Big-Bass » Fri May 26, 2017 5:25 am

What drag could I update to and where would/could I send it for upgrades?

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:09 am

Got the 69ML casting rod today.
Initial impressions, as mentioned before, it's a balanced rod, probably owing to the micro guides on it.
With a Tat CT, balances at the centre of the foregrip.
It's rated to 1/4-5/8 oz and 8-14 lb, though feel like it would fish better on the lighter end of the rating.
Probably needs another guide to stop the line rub on the blank under moderate pressure/bend in the rod.

klondike1024
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by klondike1024 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm

kstephes033 wrote:I have the elite frog rod, actually use it for jigs. The balance and weight are both amazing. I have the steez tw A on mine and balance is great. Sensitivity is very good, would make an excellent frog rod but I bought it specifically for throwing 1/2oz jigs which it is great at.
I had a feeling this rod would work well for jigs/frogs. It looks like a nice rod for the money. If I did not love and use the xbd rod, I would have considered scooping one of these up.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:26 am

I'll add that I used a gift card to get the 73MH non AGS rod. I like the taper and its basically identical to my 72M gen 1 Zodias except a little more powerful deep into the rod from the 2nd guide to the butt. From the 3rd guide to the tip it is identical. The 72M is my most used rod so having a slightly more powerful duplicate that can throw 3/8 oz chatterbaits without feeling overloaded is nice.

It is however horribly tip heavy or just heavy. Not sure but it's bad. My 72M old Zodias is way better and its a tip heavy rod that needs a 7 oz reel to balance out. My Lews Hank Parker rods are perfect floaty feathers by comparison. Also, while I don't place any value on "exposed blank in the reel seat" this rod has a fake one! They just made the reel seat to look like there is an exposed portion but there is no seam around it and it's bigger in diameter than any portion of the blank. Wow. $179 for this? How bad are the regular Tatula rods? I was a big fan on the old black/gold rods. I don't remember them being this bad. These need to get phased out for new ones soon.
Last edited by LowRange on Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:03 am

LowRange wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:26 am
Also, while I don't place any value on "exposed blank in the reel seat" this rod has a fake one!
I can feel your indignance from here :lol: :lol: :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:43 pm

reason162 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:03 am
LowRange wrote:
Also, while I don't place any value on "exposed blank in the reel seat" this rod has a fake one!
I can feel your indignance from here :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was surprise more than anything. After looking at the normal Tatula rods and Fuego rods they also have the same fake exposed blank section. You can even see the seam of clam shell 2 piece reel seat construction on the TW Fuego rod pics. No one has seemed to notice or care. Goes to show that it's really a non issue. If people belive that exposing the blank at the reel seat makes the rod more sensitive then as long as it looks like it has exposed blank then all is well.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:48 pm

It's like, if they were honest and just made the reel seat smooth everyone would have been up in arms about how these rods don't have exposed blank and won't be sensitive. That's all every review would mention. Look at the St Croix with the foam in the reel seat uproar. It's Daiwa and this is the same company that took the 2013 Tatula that everyone complained about being too wide and just listed it for sale again in 2019, marked up mind you, with a 10 mm longer handle as a HEAVY DUTY Tatula and it sold and still sells like crazy. Reviews repeatedly state how its big and wide but thats actually great because it's a heavy duty fishing reel. No wonder every other anger of every other species makes fun of us

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:03 pm

I use the Tak 7’ Crankin’ stick have no complaints whatsoever. Recommend that one highly.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:39 pm

LowRange wrote:
These need to get phased out for new ones soon.
:whistle:

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:32 am

i'm pretty sure most of the rods from overseas are all put together like a 2 pc rod. the handle assembly & blanks are put together on seperate lines, then they joint them together. i think that's why they have bling on them. kinda like capenters putting trim in homes they build, to cover up things.

you may be getting an exposed pc that the blank joins in to, but it's not really exposed blank

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:06 am

Jason Penn wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:32 am
i'm pretty sure most of the rods from overseas are all put together like a 2 pc rod. the handle assembly & blanks are put together on seperate lines, then they joint them together. i think that's why they have bling on them. kinda like capenters putting trim in homes they build, to cover up things.

you may be getting an exposed pc that the blank joins in to, but it's not really exposed blank
Yep. The curent Tatula rods are a little egregious at this and just give you a fake cutout. At least lie to me at the same level as everyone else and have a cut out in the reel seat and then jam a tube in there for the blank to fit into.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:26 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:03 pm
I use the Tak 7’ Crankin’ stick have no complaints whatsoever. Recommend that one highly.
This morning and an 18" also -- it's a solid stick
Attachments
IMG_0768.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg (19.97 KiB) Viewed 2347 times

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:13 am

They dropped the 2023 updates today

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UELAnU1mfq

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm

_diggy_ wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:13 am
They dropped the 2023 updates today

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UELAnU1mfq
I seen those rods months ago when I asked my local rep to confirm them. He did say he wasn't sure if they were coming out before or at the classic. Now we know. I look forward to the new reel seats and cork handle on some models

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:04 am

figured they were going with the air sensor seat. i'm not a fan of it for moving baits.
they also ditched the ags guide models all together