Daiwa Kage

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
xyzman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Kage

Post by xyzman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 am

bbates3 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:14 am
xyzman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:51 am
bbates3 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:31 pm
i have 4 of these

2 of the 79 Heavy Swimbait rods

7ft medium all around spinning rod

72 mh shakey head spinning rod

rods are light, sensitive and for the money i am happy with them.

i kinda of prefer the 79's over my mark 48, i mainly fish either shiners or bull gills on them

i use the spinning rods for lots of stuff and paired them up with kage spinning reels, great little combo's
Would the 79 Heavy Swimbait rod be ideal for throwing a Megabass Megadog?

So I personally haven't thrown anything that heavy with my 79 Kage, i really just use it for 6inch bullshad and 6inch bull gills

I actually just go my first megadog in this week so i am new to that bait

i am going to throw it on either the ts destroyer blackjack or another great rod is the new megabass multipiece valkyrie 711 its a touch more than the kage but i would probably get that for an all around swimbait rod at $350 over the kage at $200 i feel its worth the money especially if you want to throw 4 to 5.5 oz baits

it is also super nice to have a multipiece swimbait rod
Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll check out the Valkyrie. Let me know how you like the bait. Im wanting to get into big topwaters

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Kage

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:09 pm

I had the 7-foot 3in medium-heavy all around Rod. I absolutely loved the blank. However, like one of the other reviews it was desperately in need of one or more guides. Additionally, the build Aesthetics were very plain and I felt lacking at the price point. More so than anything was the simple plastic locking nut for the real that would show exposed threads when fully lockdown.