Megabass levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
saySpiers
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass levante

Post by saySpiers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm

@ Chris. I saw that post like right after I asked lol

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:41 pm

saySpiers wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm
I read it right before I saw your post so I figured I'd pass it on.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Please see the below direct from Megabass:

As we do with all of our new releases, we have been closely monitoring the 2019 Levante. After careful examination, we have determined that a quality control oversight allowed certain defective blanks to reach the US market and our customers. This is a failure for which we sincerely apologize. We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we expect our customers to do the same.

To stand behind our promise of Megabass quality and performance, we have ceased Levante sales and taken all inventory off of the market. To ensure with 100% certainty that the issue is hereby closed, this inventory will be destroyed.

Key points:

We expect to start shipping revised Levante’s in late fall of 2019
This is a quality control issue, so it does not affect every single model. If you haven’t experienced any issues, please continue to fish with confidence knowing that:
If you purchased a 2019 Levante before 7/31/19, we will extend the one-year free replacement portion of our warranty for the entire three-year period. If your rod breaks, we will replace it with a revised Levante—free of charge.
Warranty customers who wish to upgrade to the Orochi XX series instead of waiting for the revised Levante will be able to do so for a reduced fee, for a limited time.

We sincerely appreciate the trust anglers place in us. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure the Levante lives up to its full potential.

- Megabass of America

saySpiers
Angler
Angler

Post by saySpiers » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:32 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:41 pm
saySpiers wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm
I read it right before I saw your post so I figured I'd pass it on.
good looking out; ordered the Orochi XX :big grin:

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Anyone using the jerkbait special? I found another rod I like better for jerkbaits but I was wondering if anyone has thrown other treble hook baits with the jerkbait special? 3/8 - 1/2 shallow cranks, medium cranks, square bill, or lipless? I really like the look of it and mine hasnt had an issue but I dont need two jerkbait rods so Id like to use it for other lures or sell it and buy a different rod.

Anyway, I figured id post here instead of starting another thread but if you;d rather pm me thats fine.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:25 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm
Anyone using the jerkbait special? I found another rod I like better for jerkbaits but I was wondering if anyone has thrown other treble hook baits with the jerkbait special? 3/8 - 1/2 shallow cranks, medium cranks, square bill, or lipless? I really like the look of it and mine hasnt had an issue but I dont need two jerkbait rods so Id like to use it for other lures or sell it and buy a different rod.

Anyway, I figured id post here instead of starting another thread but if you;d rather pm me thats fine.
What's the taper like on that rod? I know Megabass has released several different jerkbait sticks ranging from short to long, regular to extra fast.

If it's fast or extra fast, I would think it would be great for senkos and finesse jigs, and possibly Keitech FATs and swim jigs.
This is the way.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:25 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:

What's the taper like on that rod? I know Megabass has released several different jerkbait sticks ranging from short to long, regular to extra fast.

If it's fast or extra fast, I would think it would be great for senkos and finesse jigs, and possibly Keitech FATs and swim jigs.
The action is very unique. I have only used it for senkos thus far, but it seems very well-suited to throwing stick worms. When casting and working the bait, it feels like a Fast to me, and it feels like a fast at the beginning of the hookset. However, as more pressure is applied, it loads surprisingly deeply into the blank, like a mod-fast would. It seems to keep the fish pinned very well, and I have had a great hookup ratio the couple times I used it. It's a very fun taper to use. For me, it is too stiff in the tip for any trebles, or reaction baits in general, but I do opt for a rod that absorbs quite a bit in the tip for such techniques.

Honestly though, I am considering selling it too, and putting the money towards something higher end. If I could do it over again, I would buy the Destroyer equivalent, the 110 special.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:09 pm

russ57 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Honestly though, I am considering selling it too, and putting the money towards something higher end. If I could do it over again, I would buy the Destroyer equivalent, the 110 special.
Sounds like a stick you can fish about anything on. Those are my favorite kind. Maybe just carry a spool of mono for treble hooks and one of fluoro or braid for single.

I think the Hein is aimed at jerkbaits, too, but on paper it sounds to me like a bottom contact rod. I wonder it it has an extra fast tip that progress into the belly of the rod like that... Other than the Valkyries, no other Megabass sounds as interesting to me as that one, especially with that carbon grip.
This is the way.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:23 am

russ57 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:25 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:

The action is very unique. I have only used it for senkos thus far, but it seems very well-suited to throwing stick worms. When casting and working the bait, it feels like a Fast to me, and it feels like a fast at the beginning of the hookset. However, as more pressure is applied, it loads surprisingly deeply into the blank, like a mod-fast would. It seems to keep the fish pinned very well, and I have had a great hookup ratio the couple times I used it. It's a very fun taper to use. For me, it is too stiff in the tip for any trebles, or reaction baits in general, but I do opt for a rod that absorbs quite a bit in the tip for such techniques.

If it's good for senkos and worms I guess I could put it to use. I wouldn't mind putting mono on the reel if I could get away with some treble baits though. Guess I'll just keep it for a while and see how it feels with different baits.

I was into higher end megabass (still like the evoluzion series but I only have one) but after reading some posts by other members I think I would look at other jdm rods for the money

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=82365

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Me after reading chrisg_sdcf awesome additions to this post......

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Levante with a a green and silver reel on them to see how they look. This one is the jerkbait special and balanced nicely for a tip down twitch. Not sure if that is by design or if these rods are just tip heavy. I would be a little leery about a Brailist unless you heard back from an owner 1st. My Levante JBS is not nearly as well balanced as my xXx BE2. Not a problem for a jerkbait stick but something to be mindful of when considering this rod line.