New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bay_Bassin86
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:33 am

robertjb7771 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 am
I have not but relegate those duties to the 7’4 H , it’s important to remember that the adrena line is using blanks that cater to the japanese market vs American so what I mean is that they tend to run a little lighter and have a deeper parabolic bend than the Expride line. My 7’3mh (Pared with a metanium) is used for when I want maximum sensitivity for Texas rigs and or jigs . But yes it’s very versatile and can use it for moving baits but I tend to use my Exprides for heavier cover. My 7’4 H is more versatile for moving baits as I throw anything from a 3/8 chatter bait all the way to a Megabass 2 ounce soft tail 6inch swimbait (have it pared up with a Antares 21) . The new 7’6 xh is the under cover rockstar as well as it was just rediculously good to use this summer punching/ f/p . Light,sensitive and I bet it could do double duty as a smaller swimbait rod.
I’m curious in the 76XH. I fish for saltwater bass and need a rod to toss everything from a 5/16oz t-rig, 3/8oz underspins w/4” trailers all the way up to a 3/4oz drop shot setup for halibut. The 74H+ caught my attention but not sure if it would be too soft for the bottom contact stuff

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by clemsondds » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:00 am

Craiger12 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Anyone have experience with the 7'2"M regular action? I'm basically looking to pick up this rod to use primarily for 3/8oz and 1/2oz Damiki Vaults and similar blade baits. Do you think this rod will work for this technique and weights. Will it load well with just 3/8oz and what is the upper end for these style baits? I'm thinking the regular taper will make it a good rod for treble hook baits. It seems it will fish more like a mod-fast than a moderate taper rod, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Interested in this rod as well...maybe for buzzbaits and underspin/small swimbaits. Anyone have any opinions about this rod? thanks