Shimano POISON ADRENA 163L-BFS Thoughts?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
RayneStorm
Angler
Angler

Shimano POISON ADRENA 163L-BFS Thoughts?

Post by RayneStorm » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 am

In my quest to find a high modulus, Light, fast to extra fast, 2 piece bfs rod for light marabou jigs, I came across this rod. Most Major Craft offerings in casting are sold out (I liked the MS-X specs and reviews), so I’ve been expanding my search.

My question is, has anyone used this rod to see how accurate the 4-12 gram lure weight is? I would mostly use this rod for 1/8 to 1/4 ounce marabou jigs and 3/16 ounce LC 65 Pointers and 1/4 ounce Rapala countdowns. The 4 gram low limit seems high for a L BFS rod, and would make 1/8 on the border. I prefer to have 3/16 ounce be the middle of the rods range, for this rod.

I read reviews on many rods where reviewer says lure rating is either way off or dead on. I couldn’t find any reviews on this rod to get a feel for how it acts to its rating.

I’m also looking for other suggestions for rods to look into, that would be available.

Thanks

QED
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Shimano POISON ADRENA 163L-BFS Thoughts?

Post by QED » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:05 pm

It will work fabulously for the lure weights you specified. I have a Shimano Aldebaran MGL 30HG with 4 lb test mono coupled to mine and it works great for UL baits.