Tatula Elite 701MHR CRANKIN'

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tatula Elite 701MHR CRANKIN'

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Anyone using this stick? What do you think about it?

I am looking to pick up a cranking stick and am very interested in the new rebellion rods but found this tatula elite at half the price. Any thoughts?

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tatula Elite 701MHR CRANKIN'

Post by jte54 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am

I haven't fished it but did cast it around the yard of local shop. I fish the green handle rods it's based off of and it felt a little stiffer with more back bone than the old green MH cranking rods. I threw a 1/2 spinnerbait on the elite rod and casted great but didn't get to feel it on the water. Seemed like an awesome squarebill/ spinnerbait rod.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:45 am

jte54 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am
I haven't fished it but did cast it around the yard of local shop. I fish the green handle rods it's based off of and it felt a little stiffer with more back bone than the old green MH cranking rods. I threw a 1/2 spinnerbait on the elite rod and casted great but didn't get to feel it on the water. Seemed like an awesome squarebill/ spinnerbait rod.
Awesome, Thank you!

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:22 pm

i fish this thing exclusively with all my squarebills. i have 3 and am a huge fan. they are a bit misleading when first held in hand because of how stiff they seem. but on the water they're completely different. i typically fish 1.5's and baits of that size on it but have fished baits up to the lucky craft 4.5 squarebill, lipless/lv500's and even spinnerbaits on it with ease. it covers the spectrum very well. it casts well with all size/weight of baits and loads real well on hook sets and fighting fish. that's my 2 sense. NOTE: im not sponsored by them or have any affiliation with Daiwa whatsoever.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:57 pm

hookfynn wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:22 pm
i fish this thing exclusively with all my squarebills. i have 3 and am a huge fan. they are a bit misleading when first held in hand because of how stiff they seem. but on the water they're completely different. i typically fish 1.5's and baits of that size on it but have fished baits up to the lucky craft 4.5 squarebill, lipless/lv500's and even spinnerbaits on it with ease. it covers the spectrum very well. it casts well with all size/weight of baits and loads real well on hook sets and fighting fish. that's my 2 sense. NOTE: im not sponsored by them or have any affiliation with Daiwa whatsoever.
Glad to hear it will handle lighter baits as well. I was looking for a rod to throw my tdz bbs on and throw mainly heavier moving baits around 1oz (spinnerbaits, bladed jigs, manns 1-minus, etc). I liked the fact this rod is rated from 1/2 to 2oz. The rebellion 6'10" mhr is only rated 1/2 to 1oz. I think this will be exactly what I'm looking for at a fraction of the price. Thanks for your input!