Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

Post by TravisNY » Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

SSS wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 pm
Does anyone has any info on when the NRX/GLX gonna stop looking like a rod from 1994?
Monday. Already preordered one.

But I only remember a Light and Tough or Berkley Series One being a split grip at that time. I’ll be back after I flip my Far Beyond Driven by Pantera on vinyl.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat May 08, 2021 10:15 pm

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun May 09, 2021 11:00 am

TravisNY wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm
SSS wrote:
Does anyone has any info on when the NRX/GLX gonna stop looking like a rod from 1994?
Monday. Already preordered one.

But I only remember a Light and Tough or Berkley Series One being a split grip at that time. I’ll be back after I flip my Far Beyond Driven by Pantera on vinyl.
Wow! You have FBD on vinyl?!! =D> One of the best metal albums of all time! Vulgar Display is still #1 for me, but only by a gnats hair.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 am

After giving it some thought I think that of all the models offered I’d like to know more on the 894 since I have the old green model And I’d like to see what improvements there are.

Pantera I think I heard of them but I can’t remember.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:57 pm

SSS wrote:
I disagree, I love the look of both myself.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:57 pm
SSS wrote:
I disagree, I love the look of both myself.
28 models. Shipping begins next month. Since we’re a few hours from the launch and all.

Agreed, I’ve lipped too many smallmouth on the spins over the years to find fault. Love my Conquests as well.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm

https://youtu.be/J0gl3mE2qlY?t=604

"They're all gonna be priced in that $600 range."

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm

I don't need a rear spoiler on my cars, so others can think I am going fast.
Give me a shortbed Chevy C10 with a subtle paint job any day.

I'm more interested in them improving the reels seat, durability, balance, and performance. Give me a classy design, with consistent build quality. I absolutely love my Nrxs, but there is room for improvement.

My all time favorite are the Destroyer X7s, the more I look and use them, the more I appreciate the thought that was put into designing them. Those screaming for aesthesics can go chew on a carrot stix. 🥕
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 09, 2021 8:17 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm
https://youtu.be/J0gl3mE2qlY?t=604

"They're all gonna be priced in that $600 range."
That sucks. But such is the addiction
Hope they perform at the price point. I’ve not used the conquest line but I was told from a reliable source that they were developed with versatility in mind. I can honestly justify a JDM Daiwa ,
Shimano or evergreen rod because of the technology and the fact that they are hard to acquire and often in my experience they perform at a level above some domestic rods. In the thread about the st croix top tier rod I was stating how I wonder if the sales were dismal or not and now that I think about it I wonder about the g lommis conquest line as well.
The nrx became the benchmark and I don’t think that can be argued however I think that some people ride the bandwagon on any new ( GAME CHANGER ) rod that comes out and can’t readily articulate what their preferences are or what it is they find better in one rod over another despite the price point. I for one am GUILTY of that especially when I started this journey.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm

zodiak311 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm

I'm more interested in them improving the reels seat, durability, balance, and performance. Give me a classy design, with consistent build quality. I absolutely love my Nrxs, but there is room for improvement.

My all time favorite are the Destroyer X7s, the more I look and use them, the more I appreciate the thought that was put into designing them. Those screaming for aesthesics can go chew on a carrot stix. 🥕
Man I too love the X7 sticks Hard to find many new now. Not a fast n Furious looking stick but definitely performs like one.

Speaking of sleeper rods I wish evergreen Japan would bring some over

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun May 09, 2021 8:57 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm
zodiak311 wrote:

Man I too love the X7 sticks Hard to find many new now. Not a fast n Furious looking stick but definitely performs like one.

i hear ya. I've been eyeing the kaleido line FOREVER but can't get past the lack of warranty

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm
zodiak311 wrote:

Super Eiger, Shading X, Super Rekkai, what more do you need, except more x7s :lol:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon May 10, 2021 6:06 am

I'm surprised they didn't get rid of the Recoils. Those guides and the reel seat are the two biggest complaints that NRX rods have.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 am

Preorder completed...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 am

ftl1951 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 am
Preorder completed...
Which ones?