Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

Post by LowRange » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:48 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:42 am
LowRange wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 am
DrTrevorkian wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:00 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 am
DrTrevorkian wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:31 am
I was just wondering how the 821 compares overall. The note above that somebody feels it’s a shorter 901 is what I would expect, just wanted confirmation.

And yeah, not for jerkbaits - definitely neds, finesse jigs, walleye drop shot. Well, maybe a size 6 x-rap, on a Canada fly-in, just because… ha!
Yeah. I think I'm going to go with a whipsnake, but I just don't know if it is high-end enough for my tastes. :lol:
Ha! I know that feeling, too! Good taste is a curse😈
What does make a rod more "high end"? Is it price or appearances? Maybe it's just me but the whipsnake looks like a much higher end rod to the eyeballs than any NRX. I haven't held a spinning NRX or any of the new NRX but I did hold a few casting rods a number of years back and was not happy with the look and feel in hand. I'm sure they fish amazing but there was nothing "high end" on them from my perspective other than the price. High performance perhaps. I didnt fish them so I have to take everyone's world on that one.
They fish really well due to their sensitivity and tapers.
High performance machines they must be then. I wonder is some of the tip heaviness of them is due to them being build to handle tougher treatment like boat flipping. Maybe its nothing but I don't hear of the tips breaking off like I do with MB sticks.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:42 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:48 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:42 am
LowRange wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:26 am
DrTrevorkian wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:00 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 am

Yeah. I think I'm going to go with a whipsnake, but I just don't know if it is high-end enough for my tastes. :lol:
Ha! I know that feeling, too! Good taste is a curse😈
What does make a rod more "high end"? Is it price or appearances? Maybe it's just me but the whipsnake looks like a much higher end rod to the eyeballs than any NRX. I haven't held a spinning NRX or any of the new NRX but I did hold a few casting rods a number of years back and was not happy with the look and feel in hand. I'm sure they fish amazing but there was nothing "high end" on them from my perspective other than the price. High performance perhaps. I didnt fish them so I have to take everyone's world on that one.
They fish really well due to their sensitivity and tapers.
High performance machines they must be then. I wonder is some of the tip heaviness of them is due to them being build to handle tougher treatment like boat flipping. Maybe its nothing but I don't hear of the tips breaking off like I do with MB sticks.
I sold off my old casting models due to tip heaviness, but I picked up a 893+ and it balances pretty good with a Metanium. The 893 is a special blank for light jigs and Texas rigs.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:52 am

freelancer27 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:30 am
ftl1951 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 am
I have and always will favor G Loomis rods. I am getting another NRX spinning as I type, but it is a little disheartening that Loomis is staying silent on the new NRX and enforcing the network to remain silent with them. With all the supply issues and delivery on orders in the current market, maybe they are trying to prepare for an easy roll out? Also, possibly not to compete head-to-head with other releases (not a real reason), then maybe it’s some marketing strategy I don’t completely understand. I am hopeful this strategy doesn’t sour their customer base even further.

It is exciting that a new NRX may be soon out there... I hope it’s worth all the drama...
Yeah I agree that is sucks a bit that they are not releasing any kind of info.

I purchased a NRX893c 3 weeks ago, that is still in route to me. Would I have known more about the new NRX I might have held off on the purchase.

But then again I am thinking:

* It will be most likely the same blank with torzite guides and full handle grip
* I don't think that they can make this rod more sensitive than what it already is
* Balance is the "only" part that they can improve. But it would make the rod overall heavier and the 893c should be fairly well balanced with a 7+oz reel anyways (for 894 and 895 that is a different story)
* The new NRX will probably be full retail for quite a while (I got 25% off on the 893c) and will probably be hard to get for quite a while

* I would miss out on fishing time if I had waited longer and IF the new NRX are soo much better than the current line up, I can just bite the bullet and buy one or upgrade one of my current NRX through the Expeditor program

Again, first world problems!
Please explain expeditor upgrade program? Break a rod on purpose and send it in? I have 5 brand new NRX that I want to replace with NRX+ and e-mailed Loomis about help? They replied back with the expeditor wording but had "accidentily" in their reply.

I"m not a scammer and have neevr used the expeditor or warranty from Loomis but I want NRX+ for as low cost as I can right now.

Thanks.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:25 am

Lock down the drag and boat flip those fish in swing them up to tour chest without any of the pesky bending over stuff and you will either get a new rod or have a new found appreciation for your existing rods. One or the two will happen.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:30 am

Haha copy that.

I'll try to sell or trade-in at ALFC.

Stay safe.

Rick

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm

simply lock down a reel, and push up with your hand.

you'll break the glue and reel seat will fail.

but not everyone is getting nrx+ from their upgrade.
1-2%

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by amso4 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Ok, I have read all I can find. What rod should I get for Ned rigs. I have a 902S and the Steez 7 6 MML.

It would be between 821S and the 901S. Sensitivity and fun factors are most important.
'

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 am

amso4 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:09 pm
Ok, I have read all I can find. What rod should I get for Ned rigs. I have a 902S and the Steez 7 6 MML.

It would be between 821S and the 901S. Sensitivity and fun factors are most important.
'
I have both of these rods and a 7’6 Steez. I would go with the 821 for all Neds under 1/4 oz. the 7’6 Steez can handle 1/4 oz and up. The 901 is really just a marabou hair jig rod whereas the 821 is really an a versatile ML rod.

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by amso4 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:55 am

Thanks for the response. You confirmed what I hoped to hear.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 am

Does anyone have experience with the 903c? I’m considering it as my all purpose rod.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Been using the 821s NRR for a year now.

For the ned rig specifically, I can't imagine a better rod. I paired it with a Vanquish 2500 SHG and the combo is like a feather in my hand. 10lb braid to 7lb fluoro. I fish primarily with 1/10oz jigheads and occasionally 1/15oz. I use a small variety of zman ned baits. I doubt anything will ever match the 893c level of sensitivity but this rod is a close 2nd for me. Perfect tip and backbone. As a technique specific rod, this one absolutely nails it.

I've also used it for weightless 3" sluggos in one of my local very small water places and it's perfect for that as well. I think a forgotten bait by most, but still one of my favorites in the right situation. The bait is TINY and I've never had a combo that really felt like it was designed for it. I've found that combo now and it has been by far my most successful at the place I fish it.

Put some time in with it on 3.3inch fat impacts with 1/8 and 3/16oz jigheads or trigged and it's quite nice for those as well, but I think a lot of rods both spinning and casting are great for them.

As far as 78 size jerkbaits, dropshot and light trigged plastics, this rod works, but I'd suggest something with a bit more power.

If you're on the fence about this rod and are a big fan of the ned rig, get off the fence and order the rod!

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:05 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 am
amso4 wrote:

'
I have both of these rods and a 7’6 Steez. I would go with the 821 for all Neds under 1/4 oz. the 7’6 Steez can handle 1/4 oz and up. The 901 is really just a marabou hair jig rod whereas the 821 is really an a versatile ML rod.
I agree but disagree also :big grin: I use my 901 for neds, hair jigs and drop shot, it works amazing for all three.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:41 pm

oops wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:37 pm
Been using the 821s NRR for a year now.

For the ned rig specifically, I can't imagine a better rod. I paired it with a Vanquish 2500 SHG and the combo is like a feather in my hand. 10lb braid to 7lb fluoro. I fish primarily with 1/10oz jigheads and occasionally 1/15oz. I use a small variety of zman ned baits. I doubt anything will ever match the 893c level of sensitivity but this rod is a close 2nd for me. Perfect tip and backbone. As a technique specific rod, this one absolutely nails it.

I've also used it for weightless 3" sluggos in one of my local very small water places and it's perfect for that as well. I think a forgotten bait by most, but still one of my favorites in the right situation. The bait is TINY and I've never had a combo that really felt like it was designed for it. I've found that combo now and it has been by far my most successful at the place I fish it.

Put some time in with it on 3.3inch fat impacts with 1/8 and 3/16oz jigheads or trigged and it's quite nice for those as well, but I think a lot of rods both spinning and casting are great for them.

As far as 78 size jerkbaits, dropshot and light trigged plastics, this rod works, but I'd suggest something with a bit more power.

If you're on the fence about this rod and are a big fan of the ned rig, get off the fence and order the rod!
I probably use the 821 for trout fishing more than bass, but it does work really well with smaller Neds. I switch over to a 872 if I'm fishing 1/4 oz or larger. I like it for casting smaller Mepps inline spinners and BFS hardbaits. I had a 20"+ brown trout follow my spinner yesterday and almost had a glory photo for the rod.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:42 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:05 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 am
amso4 wrote:

'
I agree but disagree also :big grin: I use my 901 for neds, hair jigs and drop shot, it works amazing for all three.
The rod is too soft/parabolic for me for any bottom contact application.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:34 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:41 pm

I probably use the 821 for trout fishing more than bass, but it does work really well with smaller Neds. I switch over to a 872 if I'm fishing 1/4 oz or larger. I like it for casting smaller Mepps inline spinners and BFS hardbaits. I had a 20"+ brown trout follow my spinner yesterday and almost had a glory photo for the rod.
Yup, it definitely has a pretty narrow weight threshold between what feels good and what feels bad. I haven't trout fished in ages, but I bet I'd love it for that too. I fish majority 1/10 ned and occasionally 1/15, feels great with those. Today I used the rod with a 1/8oz flashy swimmer and 3.3 keitech and it felt noticeably too heavy. Using a 1/8oz trigged 3.3 keitech felt ok, but a hair heavy still. 1/16oz okashira head with the 3.3 keitech felt like a dream come true