Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Confirmed new Nrx coming out !!

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Just chatted with a TW guy. He says the NRX are discontinued. I think the announcement for the new ones is close! \:D/

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:41 pm

freelancer27 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am
Tacklewarehouse is no longer selling any NRX rods (spinning and casting both have been removed). Americanlegacyfishing still has almost all NRX in stock.
I wonder if they will put them back out, discounted, when the new ones are dropped.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 am

I have and always will favor G Loomis rods. I am getting another NRX spinning as I type, but it is a little disheartening that Loomis is staying silent on the new NRX and enforcing the network to remain silent with them. With all the supply issues and delivery on orders in the current market, maybe they are trying to prepare for an easy roll out? Also, possibly not to compete head-to-head with other releases (not a real reason), then maybe it’s some marketing strategy I don’t completely understand. I am hopeful this strategy doesn’t sour their customer base even further.

It is exciting that a new NRX may be soon out there... I hope it’s worth all the drama...

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:30 am

ftl1951 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 am
I have and always will favor G Loomis rods. I am getting another NRX spinning as I type, but it is a little disheartening that Loomis is staying silent on the new NRX and enforcing the network to remain silent with them. With all the supply issues and delivery on orders in the current market, maybe they are trying to prepare for an easy roll out? Also, possibly not to compete head-to-head with other releases (not a real reason), then maybe it’s some marketing strategy I don’t completely understand. I am hopeful this strategy doesn’t sour their customer base even further.

It is exciting that a new NRX may be soon out there... I hope it’s worth all the drama...
Yeah I agree that is sucks a bit that they are not releasing any kind of info.

I purchased a NRX893c 3 weeks ago, that is still in route to me. Would I have known more about the new NRX I might have held off on the purchase.

But then again I am thinking:

* It will be most likely the same blank with torzite guides and full handle grip
* I don't think that they can make this rod more sensitive than what it already is
* Balance is the "only" part that they can improve. But it would make the rod overall heavier and the 893c should be fairly well balanced with a 7+oz reel anyways (for 894 and 895 that is a different story)
* The new NRX will probably be full retail for quite a while (I got 25% off on the 893c) and will probably be hard to get for quite a while

* I would miss out on fishing time if I had waited longer and IF the new NRX are soo much better than the current line up, I can just bite the bullet and buy one or upgrade one of my current NRX through the Expeditor program

Again, first world problems!

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Just noticed the NRX are not on TW website anymore.
I guess they didn't even discount them.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 am

another forum says the new ones are going to have a serial number for each rod to help with warranty problems im assuming

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 am

I’ve been tracking this thread and maybe I missed it but what’s the price point?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:02 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 am
I’ve been tracking this thread and maybe I missed it but what’s the price point?
From what I have seen that has not been established yet.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:57 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 am
Hopefully it's consistent with the NRX+ fly rods where the prices stayed the same.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 pm

mrpao wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:18 pm
FWIW, I got an NRX 843c discounted from TW when they were discontinued. I had them price match from ALF and I don't believe TW ever dropped the advertised price for those discontinued NRX mbr rods. If you want to grab an NRX discounted when the time comes, keep an eye on ALF. I know ALF just got a crap ton of NRXs and are trying hard to move them, call their bluff and wait until they have to discount them :lol:

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:04 pm

would buy another 893 or 873crr in a heart beat.

just need the discounts to be applied.
1-2%

tmd11111
Angler
Angler

Post by tmd11111 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 am

Revofisher wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 am
another forum says the new ones are going to have a serial number for each rod to help with warranty problems im assuming
I just picked up a new NRX 853C last week and it has a serial number. This is my first NRX but I have a bunch of IMX-Pro's and GLX's and never seen this on one. Didn't realize it until I went to Loomis's website to do the product registration.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:17 am

Mike son wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 pm
mrpao wrote:
FWIW, I got an NRX 843c discounted from TW when they were discontinued. I had them price match from ALF and I don't believe TW ever dropped the advertised price for those discontinued NRX mbr rods. If you want to grab an NRX discounted when the time comes, keep an eye on ALF. I know ALF just got a crap ton of NRXs and are trying hard to move them, call their bluff and wait until they have to discount them :lol:
I emailed them to see if they would discount an 872 SJR and they told me no. I'll wait until the new models come out and order from my regular supplier at a discount. If they can get full retail, more power to them.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:26 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:17 am
Mike son wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 pm
mrpao wrote:
I emailed them to see if they would discount an 872 SJR and they told me no. I'll wait until the new models come out and order from my regular supplier at a discount. If they can get full retail, more power to them.
I was able to get a small discount from AL, but nothing even close to what they were previously offering. I wanted to get another, but will just hold off until the new release and see how that goes. Other retailers have been bold enough to confirm there is a new NRX coming out this year, so once the word is spread, those holding the older versions may be willing to drop the prices. This is especially true if they can’t move he ones they have now.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:31 pm

:D
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.