new daiwa steez punch rod??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

new daiwa steez punch rod??

Post by hookfynn » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:51 pm

watching Seth Fieder fishing on bass live today and also seeing him in the photo gallery; I cant help but notice the "steez-ish" looking rod he's punching with. it has AGS guides but not the blue hue like the higher end model. it looks more like the Steez bottom contact rod but I highly doubt that's what he's punching with. anyone know or have any ideas as to which rod it is? maybe a prototype for the new Steez AGS series?

-thanks

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler

Re: new daiwa steez punch rod??

Post by rollyourboat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:19 am

I'm not 100% sure either but it definitely looks like red accents. Keeping up with seth, he hardly uses heavy rods, usually MH especially when flipping milfoil and hydrilla so I wouldn't doubt it's the bottom contact. He uses the ags Tatula 70mhh and Kage 73mh in a lot of his videos so it would make sense he'd like a 75mhh as well. That's my take on it.

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:35 pm

i feel you. he definitely uses some wacky rated rods for punching/flipping. that rod just looks really long and stout for it to be any sort of MH type of rod as i watched him on bass live. but it could be the bottom contact rod for sure

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 am

Seth was at The Tackle Trap before the Guntersville event so he and I discussed the Steez AGS Bottom Contact rod quite a bit. He loves the rod and uses it for much heavier applications than I'd prefer, and yes, that was the rod you saw him using on bass live.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap