Legit Rod on the Way

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
DenhamBruce
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Legit Rod on the Way

Post by DenhamBruce » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:12 am

Rod looks great

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Caught a nice bass on a Jerkbait.
Attachments
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg (117.6 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:44 pm

It has been a few days but every chance I have had I've been out with this rod whether on the water or walking the bank. My initial impression of this rod was aesthetically, it was very pleasing to the eye. The detail in the rod was not lacking at all and it seemed very well put together. i had zero guide alignment issues or over gluing, simply put a clean crisp build that reminded me of a custom build. The guides are not big enough to run a line peg through from the tip to about the fourth guide down. Although this was a medium rod with the specs of 3/16-5/8oz with 8-16lb test I didn't use any line other than 10lb floro
I've used it in many techniques but the one thing I wanted to get was was feeling for how sensitive the rod was before posting.

As we all know sensitivity is very opinionated when it comes to rods. So I set out on multiple occasions to get a bottom bite and the first couple of days I was getting reaction bites with plastics so I really didn't count them. However I could feel the bottom and the rod was not dead or numb in my hands. I could determine bottom composition and most definitely could tell when I was in bream beds and how wide each bed was. Today I was pond fishing a 0.125oz (3.7grams)tungsten weight 0.435oz (12.3grams) Dolive craw and the wind was coming straight towards me creating a bow in my line towards me. I got a good bite and the rod seem to jolt in my hands. That was a bass that ultimately got off and I think the jolt caught me off guard and delayed my hook set paired with a light drag, rookie mistake. But i really gain more of a feel for the rods sensitivity and can say with confidence that no this is not the most sensitive rod Ive ever had in had but it surprisingly really sensitive far exceeding its price point of $300.

Power: when it comes to power you don't even have to blink. This rod has plenty of power and Im not talking just enough. The best way I can describe it is, when you hookup, your in complete control. The rod has the tip that allows for skipping and I would like to say it will make you a better bait skipper but it didn't for me, there were times I still hit the dock posts.

In all this is a very well crafted stick that has given me everything I was looking for. Its a really comfortable rod to use and very diverse and easily able to adapt to lures and techniques. T'Rigs, Jerkbait , ned rigs , small swimbaits and football jigs, but also topwater lures. Oh you can drop shot with this rod and I dont have any issues with it but it will require loosing up on your drag a bit. I call this rod a bank anglers dream stick and im most certainly contemplating getting another one.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:44 pm
It has been a few days but every chance I have had I've been out with this rod whether on the water or walking the bank. My initial impression of this rod was aesthetically, it was very pleasing to the eye. The detail in the rod was not lacking at all and it seemed very well put together. i had zero guide alignment issues or over gluing, simply put a clean crisp build that reminded me of a custom build. The guides are not big enough to run a line peg through from the tip to about the fourth guide down. Although this was a medium rod with the specs of 3/16-5/8oz with 8-16lb test I didn't use any line other than 10lb floro
I've used it in many techniques but the one thing I wanted to get was was feeling for how sensitive the rod was before posting.

As we all know sensitivity is very opinionated when it comes to rods. So I set out on multiple occasions to get a bottom bite and the first couple of days I was getting reaction bites with plastics so I really didn't count them. However I could feel the bottom and the rod was not dead or numb in my hands. I could determine bottom composition and most definitely could tell when I was in bream beds and how wide each bed was. Today I was pond fishing a 0.125oz (3.7grams)tungsten weight 0.435oz (12.3grams) Dolive craw and the wind was coming straight towards me creating a bow in my line towards me. I got a good bite and the rod seem to jolt in my hands. That was a bass that ultimately got off and I think the jolt caught me off guard and delayed my hook set paired with a light drag, rookie mistake. But i really gain more of a feel for the rods sensitivity and can say with confidence that no this is not the most sensitive rod Ive ever had in had but it surprisingly really sensitive far exceeding its price point of $300.

Power: when it comes to power you don't even have to blink. This rod has plenty of power and Im not talking just enough. The best way I can describe it is, when you hookup, your in complete control. The rod has the tip that allows for skipping and I would like to say it will make you a better bait skipper but it didn't for me, there were times I still hit the dock posts.

In all this is a very well crafted stick that has given me everything I was looking for. Its a really comfortable rod to use and very diverse and easily able to adapt to lures and techniques. T'Rigs, Jerkbait , ned rigs , small swimbaits and football jigs, but also topwater lures. Oh you can drop shot with this rod and I dont have any issues with it but it will require loosing up on your drag a bit. I call this rod a bank anglers dream stick and im most certainly contemplating getting another one.

Thanks for taking the time to give a review. This rod has been pretty high on my list. I have a couple of questions for you. How long is the handle behind the reel? I like to run braid with a mono leader. Are the guides to small for a leader knot to pass thru?
Thanks.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 am

fishonsc wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 am
goldrod wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to give a review. This rod has been pretty high on my list. I have a couple of questions for you. How long is the handle behind the reel? I like to run braid with a mono leader. Are the guides to small for a leader knot to pass thru?
Thanks.
See Picture for measurement
I think you can use a braid to leader if the mono or floro is 10# or less. I was thinking about using that agesi braid but I haven't gotten around to it.. honeydothisandthat list is growing
Attachments
me22.jpg
me22.jpg (116.45 KiB) Viewed 4309 times

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:43 am

Goldrod the amount of rare, discontinued, or impossible to get stuff just sitting in the background of that picture is insane :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:51 am

Bass Junkie wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:43 am
Goldrod the amount of rare, discontinued, or impossible to get stuff just sitting in the background of that picture is insane :lol:
lol, Im cleaning up.. I have stuff everywhere honestly. Seems like the more I clean the more I find..
I've got that Steez EX completed though. Waiting on a j dream to get here so I was looking for stuff.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am

goldrod wrote:
As we all know sensitivity is very opinionated when it comes to rods.
I'm considering one of the spinning models...can you compare sensitivity to the PA 6'8ML? or the Expride 610ML?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am

reason162 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am
goldrod wrote:
As we all know sensitivity is very opinionated when it comes to rods.
I'm considering one of the spinning models...can you compare sensitivity to the PA 6'8ML? or the Expride 610ML?
I don’t have a PA6’8”Ml but I’ve fished this rod directly against my expride 6’10” and I have had many other PA rods such as the med+ rod.
I’m on the go with the wife currently but soon as I can, I will get feedback!

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 am

goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am
I don’t have a PA6’8”Ml but I’ve fished this rod directly against my expride 6’10” and I have had many other PA rods such as the med+ rod.
Excellent, looking forward to your comparisons.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am

reason162 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:23 am
goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am
Excellent, looking forward to your comparisons.
Good Morning
Sorry for the delay. Against the expride it’s faster in action and less parabolic.
If the expride action begins in the upper 1/3 than this rod is the upper 1/4 if that makes sense. Is it as sensitive as the poison adrena 6’10 med+, I would say the monocoque handle it too much of a factor for me to measure blank to blank. After my extensive none scientific testing I can honestly say that I find myself reaching for the wild side more often than the expride maybe cause it’s just feels right. I have a sv light limited on the expride and only use it for jb.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:09 am

Now these rods are at TackleWare House =D>

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:42 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:09 am
Glad you bumped this thread, I've been on the fence about adding a spinning or casting model. Two polar opposites - either want a light action spinning rod for 1/4oz and less baits or I was looking at the 7'2 Heavy Plus for swimbaits up to 3-4oz.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:55 am

jerkbait22 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:42 am
goldrod wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:09 am
Glad you bumped this thread, I've been on the fence about adding a spinning or casting model. Two polar opposites - either want a light action spinning rod for 1/4oz and less baits or I was looking at the 7'2 Heavy Plus for swimbaits up to 3-4oz.
I know it’s not coming out of my pocket but I highly recommend you give them a shot and post your findings. Sometimes you find gems sometimes just stones but what’s one person’s stone is another man’s gem.
I don’t have any regrets with the rod I got.
I was able to speak with one of the reps at length about the rods I was looking at. His passion for the product and not profit made my decision easy

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:30 pm

I have the 61L spinning and 64XH “big bait finesse” rods. For the money, amazing quality rods. The 64XH has been a staple for me throwing up to 3.5 oz swimbaits in close quarters. The 61L spinning is a great light action bass rod with surprising backbone. It was stated already I. This thread, but you always feel in control, even with the 61L. Fun rods. Worth the money for sure!