2021 daiwa blazon rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Yeezy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: 2021 daiwa blazon rod

Post by Yeezy » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:43 pm

FamKench wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:33 pm
Yeezy wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:03 pm
FamKench wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am
fishonsc wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:36 am
FamKench wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:18 pm

I don't have the C610M but I do have:
The C66M, C611H-SB, C67MH-FR, and C64L-ST/B
Actions pretty close to there ratings?
The MH frog is just as it says, a medium heavy frog rod. I like it cause it's not too stiff but I haven't landed any fish on it yet.

How is the Blazon MH frog rod after some time with it? Been wanting to pull the trigger on this one but can’t find any user reviews on it. Is the tip soft enough to load small hollow body frogs like the Kaera frog or pad crasher jr?
I retired it for now. Missed a lot of fish on it so I decided to go back to a longer rod for frog fishing. Also my casting distance was suffering a lot... 65lb braid + 6'7 rod = very short distances. My frog rod is now a 1st gen 7'2 Megabass orochi perfect pitch i got from someone locally on fb marketplace.

The blazon is a soft rod and can probably load the baits you mentioned.
Appreciate the feedback. I was going to try using 40 lb braid on a Tatula SVTW when I need to do some accurate casts in close quarters. Now you got me thinking when you mentioned missed fish. Wondering if it’s too soft now.

I have the Blazon in Medium action and love it for poppers and jerkbaits but I’ve been on the fence on the frog rod. Since it was shorter I was worried it might be too stiff to load the frogs I mentioned. Or not enough backbone when I set the hook.

Cheers