2021 Legend Extreme, stalling out ?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2021 Legend Extreme, stalling out ?

Post by goldrod » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm

I dont have the sales analysis for this rod but it seems like the model is stalling out in terms of popularity.
I think that nothing sales a rod like word of mouth from a reliable source and I am not getting any word of mouth about this rod.
Initially it was the price point and whether or not the rod performed up to and above or beneath the price point that was all the hype but now I dont even hear any of that chatter. Your thoughts?

Again I would like to reiterate that I personally dont have any of the sales data
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2021 Legend Extreme, stalling out ?

Post by CGrinder » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

If it was like ECS or similar seat and cork or even EVA handle, I think folks would be going bananas.

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:22 am

Totally agree. That's why I have three of the Daiwa Steez AGS spinners. Great handle, AGS guides, killer blank...and did I mention they are light 8-)
Philippians 4:6

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:45 am

Never seen one I'd like to fish. Either the handle composition or foregrip is usually a deal breaker.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:45 am
Never seen one I'd like to fish. Either the handle composition or foregrip is usually a deal breaker.
It's the reel seat that is usually a deal breaker for me on SC rods. That trigger on the SK seat is the worst!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

MNBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by MNBassin03 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:57 pm

I have a few of these 7'1 MH, 7'4 H and a 6'10 ML spinning. I'll say they are balanced and very sensitive. I haven't been able to use the 7'4 and 6'10 as much yet as I got them this winter. I'm a fan, but I also am a fan of the Steez AGS rods which are little lighter. But I am such a big fan of the AGS guides in general as I want as much sensitivity as I can get and I know people do not like them as much as they call them brittle. I haven't had problems with them so I'm willing to take the plunge a bit more. If you are looking for sensitivity in a rod which also feels very solid and strong on the hook set and fighting the fish I'd give them a try.

But yes, I've seen them available more now than before. So maybe sales are stalling a bit, but don't be afraid.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:28 pm

I actually haven’t seen them available anywhere for a while since the initial release. Might be one of the reason you don’t hear about them much.

Scud_Muffin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scud_Muffin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 am

I’ve got one and 90% of my lineup is high end St Croix. I am of mixed minds with this series, and ultimately I prefer the Legend X series over everything. I prefer the reel seat and handle on the Xtreme, as well as the paint job. I like the guides better on the legend X.

But here is the kicker, as that Punch guy on YouTube pointed out they do tend to be softer than the X series. What I like about a lot of St Croix rods is the softer tips going into a strong backbone, the tapers just suit me. I feel like too many of the Xtreme don’t get into the backbone soon enough.

I bend tested a bunch of Xtreme next to the same models in X. In most of the models, the difference is very obvious. For models that I want to use as a JWR style rod, such as the 71MHXF, it bends halfway down the rod. Now the X series bends further down in that model than most XF rods and that makes it incredibly versatile but it still rocks at JWR techniques. Love that thing. But I got it in the Xtreme and it just doesn’t give me the same confidence, especially for Texas rigged soft plastics. And I’m someone who doesn’t like a super stiff Texas rig rod!

My legend X rods are hands down my absolute favorites. For even money, I like it every bit as much as an NRX. Your preferences may be different obviously but it works for me.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat May 01, 2021 11:24 pm

i still want one. anyone want to sell one to me for really cheap?