Looking for a new rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rayph1n
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Looking for a new rod

Post by Rayph1n » Mon May 10, 2021 4:46 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my t-rig/ jig rod. Currently using a e6x and I feel I could get a better rod in the same price range. Sensitivity isn't there. I used other rods that I feel are more sensitive and cost less $$$. So now I'm in the market to upgrade that rod.

Looking for:
7' to 7'3"
3/8 to 1oz. lure weight. Lighter on the low end if possible.
Good sensitivity
$250 budget

Tight lines.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Looking for a new rod

Post by reason162 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Rayph1n wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:46 pm
I'm looking to upgrade my t-rig/ jig rod. Currently using a e6x and I feel I could get a better rod in the same price range. Sensitivity isn't there. I used other rods that I feel are more sensitive and cost less $$$. So now I'm in the market to upgrade that rod.

Looking for:
7' to 7'3"
3/8 to 1oz. lure weight. Lighter on the low end if possible.
Good sensitivity
$250 budget

Tight lines.
Expride!

Gamblingman
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Gamblingman » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am

I have been using a E6X too for the last 3 years until I dropped it in the lake.
I was perfectly happy with the rod but now I have no choice but to buy a new rod and I want something different.
I been researching for a couple weeks now and I am still not decided on a rod.
I keep thinking I will find something fantastic for $200 and it has not happened yet.
I wish there was a way to demo a rod before buying.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:52 am

Gamblingman wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am
I have been using a E6X too for the last 3 years until I dropped it in the lake.
I was perfectly happy with the rod but now I have no choice but to buy a new rod and I want something different.
I been researching for a couple weeks now and I am still not decided on a rod.
I keep thinking I will find something fantastic for $200 and it has not happened yet.
I wish there was a way to demo a rod before buying.
I have recently found FX Customs rods and I think they are unbeatable in their price range($180). They come with Winn grips, but some models are available with cork grips, too.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:30 pm

Bump the price by $50 and the length by 3” and try an Orochi Braillist. It’s an amazing t rig rod