Tatula Elite rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula Elite rods

Post by Johnny A » Mon May 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Very satisfied with Tak 7’ cranking stick. Used the Tak 7’3” pitchin’ rod for froggin’ today. Nice bass grabbed the frog and try as I might, I still got it to the boat. Always remember to double-check the drag when you toss your bait.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula Elite rods

Post by Johnny A » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 am

Just an update, just took delivery of my 4th Tak’s 7’ crankin’ rod.
One for topwater baits from One’s Bug to Justine 115
One for mid cranks from 4’ to 10’
One for flatside cranks from 1’-6’
One for 1.5s/2.5s

Reasonably priced, does the job and then some, who’s got 2 thumbs and is a happy lad?
This guy!

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:02 pm

I just took delivery of the feider jerkbait rod. Can’t wait to take it out. Hopefully it will fill hole in my heart I’m hoping to patch lol.

What’s the lowest and highest weight you would push on the 7’ tak cranking stick?
It has very generous rating.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:04 pm

rando wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:02 pm
I just took delivery of the feider jerkbait rod. Can’t wait to take it out. Hopefully it will fill hole in my heart I’m hoping to patch lol.

What’s the lowest and highest weight you would push on the 7’ tak cranking stick?
I’ve used up to ballpark of 11/16 oz with the Evergreen Justine 115.
I’ll be checking out the OSP Blitz Magnum SR which is about 40g, around 1 1/2 oz.
It’s feels like a bit stiff side when casting but when you hook into a fish, you just let the rod work.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:18 am

how does the tak rod compare with the old tds version? i was always amazed at the range those rods could handle, but i wasnt crazy about the balance of them. for cranks it was fine, but for 1/2oz spinnerbaits it seemed like my wrist always hurt by end of the day

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Jason Penn wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:18 am
how does the tak rod compare with the old tds version? i was always amazed at the range those rods could handle, but i wasnt crazy about the balance of them. for cranks it was fine, but for 1/2oz spinnerbaits it seemed like my wrist always hurt by end of the day
I can’t answer that one, didn’t ever fish the old rod. I’ve only been throwing cranks like this for the past few years. The last time I was heavy into crankin’ was probably 30 years ago.

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Jason Penn wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:18 am
I have both rods and the Tak rod does do better with deeper crankbaits but not by much. I throw a DD22 with the Tak rod where I won't with the TDS
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:42 am

ok thanks

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 am

Cory Johnston was on Stray Casts and said that he was working on a couple of signature Tatula Elite series rods. I'm guessing he will have a grass flipping stick and smallmouth style spinning rod. The Tatula Elite rods are underrated, in my opinion. There are some real gems like Ish's frog rod.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:26 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 am
Cory Johnston was on Stray Casts and said that he was working on a couple of signature Tatula Elite series rods. I'm guessing he will have a grass flipping stick and smallmouth style spinning rod. The Tatula Elite rods are underrated, in my opinion. There are some real gems like Ish's frog rod.
Knock wood, they haven’t let me down for 6” grubs on Tak 7’ spinning, Tak 7’3” for frogs and jigs, Tak 7’ crankin’.

bparanoid
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by bparanoid » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:27 pm

rando wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:02 pm

I'm looking to add a double duty jerkbait/topwater rod to my arsenal. What do you think of the Feider Jerkbait rod? I was told the action is way too light from a local tackle shop owner. Regrettably I have yet to location one in person to make my own assessment. The other Rod I am considering is the Rowell Tatuta Elite 7ft shalow crank/lipless/jerkbait rod. I'm trying to stick with Tatula Elite Rods. I'm up to 9 of them now and none has let me down. Best value rod IMHO.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:46 pm

If you are used to fast action medium power rods for jerkbaits or topwater this rod will feel underpowered at first.

However, once I got used to it, I really like it for everything treble within its recommended weight range. I mainly throw slender pointers 97mr, 110s, 110 juniors, evergreen 87’s.
Then summertime I use it for 75 size ploppers, 105 showerblows, and 100 duo pencils.
I also like it for shallow cranks ie cr4 evergreens.