2021 steez ags rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 2021 steez ags rods

Post by hmnginmn » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Ill consider it if I ever sell my destroyer 110 special. I like the shimano core 50 mg7
Long live the Jerkbait

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:46 am
hmnginmn wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:00 am
For those of you expecting or are on the fence on purchasing the 76mml spinning, it is fantastic. Huge improvement on the previous gen which was already amazing. At nearly an ounce lighter it still balances superbly with vanford 2500. The tip is slightly more responsive and less mushy which is appreciated when throwing something like a vision 110 but harder to get distance on the lower end of the lure rating, which is fine by me IMO. I honestly could throw jerkbaits all day on this rod. Sensitivity appears to be on par with the previous gen as I was able to feel grass, rocks pretty easily, not a huge improvement in my hand. The previous gen was probably the best spybait rod on the market and this rod continues it's legacy.
If you like throwing jerkbaits, try the steez 6'9 universal light. I paired it with the alpha sv tw and its pretty amazing.

How would you describe the backbone and what size line are you using with it?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:53 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:38 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
hmnginmn wrote:
For those of you expecting or are on the fence on purchasing the 76mml spinning, it is fantastic. Huge improvement on the previous gen which was already amazing. At nearly an ounce lighter it still balances superbly with vanford 2500. The tip is slightly more responsive and less mushy which is appreciated when throwing something like a vision 110 but harder to get distance on the lower end of the lure rating, which is fine by me IMO. I honestly could throw jerkbaits all day on this rod. Sensitivity appears to be on par with the previous gen as I was able to feel grass, rocks pretty easily, not a huge improvement in my hand. The previous gen was probably the best spybait rod on the market and this rod continues it's legacy.
If you like throwing jerkbaits, try the steez 6'9 universal light. I paired it with the alpha sv tw and its pretty amazing.

I have been experimenting with different lines lately, so right now i have 8lb samurai fluorocarbon hidden. Im not sure how to describe the backbone to you? But after fishing the rod a few times, i would agree that its very versatile like what Gary said.

hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hmnginmn » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:30 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:38 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
hmnginmn wrote:

The rod bends pretty deep up to the 5th guide and slight bend at the 6th guide so it bends at just under half the blank. It's a super versatile rod. Backbone and power is on par with other medium light rod. I have 15lb 8 strand braid with 10lb copolymer leader.
Long live the Jerkbait

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks for the descriptions.
Sounds like a winner
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:06 am

hmnginmn wrote:
That's what I have heard from a few guys already about the new 76MML "The One". I agree, as much as I love the black/blue 76MML, the new 21 version is superior. I have mine paired up with Exist LT 3000C-XH and love the combo. TT has already sold out of that model but has a bunch more on order and is still accepting pre-orders.
Jbc88 wrote:
I have an Alphas CT SV on my 69M Universal Light and it feels right on there to me. I've fished the 20 Tatula SV on there too as well as Steez SV TW and Steez CT, but I've landed on Alphas CT SV. Jerk baits, top water, small to mid cranks, I've thrown flukes, light shaky heads, even drop shotted with it a little bit. It truly is a "universal" type rod...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:57 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:06 am
hmnginmn wrote:
That's what I have heard from a few guys already about the new 76MML "The One". I agree, as much as I love the black/blue 76MML, the new 21 version is superior. I have mine paired up with Exist LT 3000C-XH and love the combo. TT has already sold out of that model but has a bunch more on order and is still accepting pre-orders.
Jbc88 wrote:
I have an Alphas CT SV on my 69M Universal Light and it feels right on there to me. I've fished the 20 Tatula SV on there too as well as Steez SV TW and Steez CT, but I've landed on Alphas CT SV. Jerk baits, top water, small to mid cranks, I've thrown flukes, light shaky heads, even drop shotted with it a little bit. It truly is a "universal" type rod...
i agreed what you said about the rod and im really digging the alpha sv tw lately. Also, i see you have them back in stock and im really liking the models i bought so i just had to buy another model.
The way its going, ill probably end up having every model :lol:

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:20 pm

New AGS rods arrived and they are incredibly nice. I am trying hard not to order more.
Philippians 4:6

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:20 pm
New AGS rods arrived and they are incredibly nice. I am trying hard not to order more.
Thats my problem right now
Good luck :lol:

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Mine arrive tomorrow And I’m thinking hard about ordering more lol

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:14 pm

I’m thinking I need the sensor…but which reel? 🤔

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm

CodyNeely11 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:14 pm
If at all possible, hold off for the new 21 US Steez CT. Hyperdrive gears, 90mm handle, and Executive Service plan wrapped up in a phenomenal platform that lends itself perfectly to the suited applications of the 701MMH Sensor model. I don't have the new US Steez, but I've been fishing the older US version on the Sensor through the early phases and with 12# and 14# FC (J-Fluoro in my case) it has been an outstanding finesse jig and t-rig type rod. I'm on the tungsten jig train and I really like the Keitech and Little Spotty jigs. In 1/4 and 3/8 oz sizes, the Sensor paired with the CT is a fun experience.

JBC - good choice on the new rod by the way, which is on it's way.

Thunderblack - glad they made it safely and let us know how you like them once you get them on the water soon. I've been hearing from some long time 76MML users who have grown to love the original and are now pretty excited about the new one...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm
CodyNeely11 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:14 pm
If at all possible, hold off for the new 21 US Steez CT. Hyperdrive gears, 90mm handle, and Executive Service plan wrapped up in a phenomenal platform that lends itself perfectly to the suited applications of the 701MMH Sensor model. I don't have the new US Steez, but I've been fishing the older US version on the Sensor through the early phases and with 12# and 14# FC (J-Fluoro in my case) it has been an outstanding finesse jig and t-rig type rod. I'm on the tungsten jig train and I really like the Keitech and Little Spotty jigs. In 1/4 and 3/8 oz sizes, the Sensor paired with the CT is a fun experience.

JBC - good choice on the new rod by the way, which is on it's way.

Thunderblack - glad they made it safely and let us know how you like them once you get them on the water soon. I've been hearing from some long time 76MML users who have grown to love the original and are now pretty excited about the new one...
Sounds like plan! Thanks as always Gary

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 pm
Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Thats my problem right now
Good luck :lol:
Which models did you guys go with?

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 pm

7-6 ML/M and 7M F in spinning.
Philippians 4:6