Daiwa AGS Guides

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
STEEZMAN2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa AGS Guides

Post by STEEZMAN2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:11 am

I have been a Daiwa fan for many years and have several AGS guide rods in the arsenal. I dont want to ruin anyones day but I do have a serious issue with Daiwa and AGS guides.

I have only broke a couple of the AGS guides, but I feel buyers need to be aware of this fact unless Daiwa has
changed their policy-

Daiwa will not sell you or lets say your rod repair shop a replacement AGS guide. The only way to get it fixed is to send the rod to Daiwa. To send an 8' one piece rod to Daiwa runs from $50-70 for me. All to replace 1 guide. Ridiculous! So now I have some rods with a mixed guide train and I'm not happy about it. I have been avoiding AGS for this reason ever since. =;

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daiwa AGS Guides

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:52 am

😥
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:02 am

Yep, this is why I don’t like exclusive products licensed to certain companies. Always difficult to get replacements since they don’t sell them. Wonder what St. Croix policy is on this?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:20 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:02 am
Yep, this is why I don’t like exclusive products licensed to certain companies. Always difficult to get replacements since they don’t sell them. Wonder what St. Croix policy is on this?
That’s a great question
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:07 pm

I recently broke my st croix legend xtreme 3rd eye and they were able to send me a ags guide! Spoke to a lady and she had one shipped to me for $15. I then had one of my coworkers put it on for me. Maybe you could give St Croix a call?