Have you fished the NRX+ BLADED JIG Rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Have you fished the NRX+ BLADED JIG Rod?

Post by cumara » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:22 pm

Very curious to hear anyone's feedback and thoughts about the NRX+ BLADED JIG rod. With a lure rating of 3/16-5/8, it seems like it might be underpowered for a 1/2oz bait with decent sized trailer? The choice of fast action is also curious for this technique, so I'm wondering if anyone has this rod or has fished and can offer any insight?

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Have you fished the NRX+ BLADED JIG Rod?

Post by bbates3 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Looks like a swing and a miss to me

I mean maybe the the little stealth blades in open water but I feel chatters are best in da grass.

But if only rated to 5/8 no way is going to sling a 1/2oz chatter with trailer in the hydrilla

Im sure super sensitive and light but not what I would choose

NRX are probably best for bottom contact

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:50 am

I haven’t used it, but it’s possible it’s rated that way to mean it can handle up to 5/8oz rigged chatterbaits since it’s technique specific. Shimano used to do this with their spinnerbait rods and I think it confused people as well. Either way, not far off from what I use now(843 NRX rated to 5/8oz and 843 Conquest rated to 3/4) and throw D&M Piranha 1/2oz without issue(weight with Skinny Dipper trailer is right at 1oz) in the thick hydrilla on Seminole.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:32 pm

bbates3 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:50 pm
NRX are probably best for bottom contact
I think that there are some clear winners in the NRX lineup for “up in the column” bites.

Now that aside the NRX chatter rod is a tweener of the two IMX models also designed for chatters.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:00 pm

From Instagram, seems like Zander been really liking that model.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:55 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:00 pm
From Instagram, seems like Zander been really liking that model.
Review is up ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:58 am

Good review. I would like to see a deflection picture of this rods action. Anyone think it may be a good inshore rod as well with the light tip?

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:06 pm

Anyone else fish this rod yet? Curious how close the action is to the 893c. Maybe a tad softer tip? I’ll have one next week. Looking for others experience.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:34 am

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewgloomisnrxplusbjr.html

They say between M and MH, F action in the review

"As you can see in the RoD Deflection tests from our lab the NRX+ 883C BJR has a smooth and powerful taper that falls right between the Medium and Medium Heavy power averages. Though it is a fast action rod it has a little softer tip section that helps anglers cast and feel every bit of vibration from those bladed jigs."

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:44 am

Thanks for your post. I thought Cals review was fantastic and pretty much answered my questions initially leading to me ordering the rod. That said ,just looking for other thoughts if anyone has used the rod. Seeing what other techniques they have thrown with it. Seems like it will be a versatile taper.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Mine will be here Wednesday. I’ll update when it comes in. Still love to hear others experience with the rod thus far.

73 Stags Leap
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by 73 Stags Leap » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Has anyone fished both the NRX+ bladed jig rod and the IMX versions? If so what are your impressions of each? Was the jump from the IMX to the NRX+ version worth it to you? I currently fish the grass lines in the California Delta with the Dobyns 735 CB glass rod and 20# Maxima fluorocarbon. I like the rod but there are days FOR ME that I wish the rod was a little more sensitive so I can distinguish between a light bite and a grass clump. I set the hook every time the blades stops vibrating and I think some of the time I'm ripping the bait out of their mouths.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:47 am

73 Stags Leap wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:49 pm
Has anyone fished both the NRX+ bladed jig rod and the IMX versions? If so what are your impressions of each? Was the jump from the IMX to the NRX+ version worth it to you? I currently fish the grass lines in the California Delta with the Dobyns 735 CB glass rod and 20# Maxima fluorocarbon. I like the rod but there are days FOR ME that I wish the rod was a little more sensitive so I can distinguish between a light bite and a grass clump. I set the hook every time the blades stops vibrating and I think some of the time I'm ripping the bait out of their mouths.
I haven’t fished the bladed jig rod, but my primary chatterbait rod is an NRX or Conquest 843. They definitely provide the feel you are looking for, and I never have a question if it was a bite or grass. Bites are crystal clear and grass is also obvious when you run into it. Compared to my previous chatterbait rods(Cumara, Expride) there’s a big difference, which I think would be the same with the IMX.

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 am

Only had one trip in with the new NRX+883 BJR. I was impressed at the versatility so far. As it sits I would be comfortable throwing chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, shallow diving squarebills, weightless senkos, swim jigs, top waters, etc. just my initial thoughts though and need more time on water. Small jigs are on my list to try next. The rod has backbone but loads up nice on a good fish. Lost a 7+ yesterday, but landed a 4 and 5. Heck even threw a NED rig on it. I was testing limits….hahaha. The way the rod telegraphs the blade movement and cover is top notch. I use to have the 893c in the older NRX (years ago) and it reminds me of that rod with maybe a little lighter tip and 1inch shorter. I bought the new 883c after talking with Adam at American Legacy and reading the tackle tour review. Yes, I am obviously going to make it my jackhammer rod but it is so much more. I would recommend it for inshore use as well.