Megabass F4-71T Tomahawk 2021?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tomahawk coming

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 pm

:shock:

Saw it on the TT.com website
Anyone ever use the 7’1” I’ve wanted that particular rod for a very long time.
I’ve got too many irons in the fire but it’s tempting as always. One thing I can say about Megabass cranking rods, and that I think they have the action that keeps fish pinned.
I shouldn’t be asking about anything at this point but like I said I’ve always wanted that particular tomahawk and hopefully there’s a review when the rod becomes available
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tomahawk coming

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:21 am

I had the Tomagawk GTA(6'8" iirc). I still miss that rod.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:36 am

I'm curious as to how light it really does feel in hand. Looks like it would make for a fun topwater creeper and prop bait stick.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:36 am
I'm curious as to how light it really does feel in hand. Looks like it would make for a fun topwater creeper and prop bait stick.
What I want to know more than anything is how long is the handle? at this present time that is the only deterrent, oh and Mothers day of course.. no purchases prior to that.. Im already in the dog house because I ordered my wife more kitchen equipment :lol: :lol: but she wasn't laughing [-X :-k :-k ](*,) ](*,)
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon May 03, 2021 8:17 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
What I want to know more than anything is how long is the handle? at this present time that is the only deterrent, oh and Mothers day of course.. no purchases prior to that.. Im already in the dog house because I ordered my wife more kitchen equipment :lol: :lol: but she wasn't laughing [-X :-k :-k ](*,) ](*,)

Hahahaha. :lol:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed May 05, 2021 4:33 am

goldrod wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, quality kitchen equipment is a great gift!!

I'll inquire about the handle length. The new Tomahawk F4-71T is set to arrive around mid-August...
Last edited by bronzefly on Wed May 05, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed May 05, 2021 8:39 am

bronzefly wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:33 am
goldrod wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, quality kitchen equipment is a great gift!!

I'll inquire about the handle length. The new Tomahawk F5-71T is set to arrive around mid-August...

Thanks Gary I appreciate it.. you can text it if you want to/

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:39 am
You're welcome, glad to help. 10" from the butt to end of the cork where the reel seat begins. That will be an ideal length for baits in its wheel house!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:46 am

bronzefly wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 am
goldrod wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:39 am
You're welcome, glad to help. 10" from the butt to end of the cork where the reel seat begins. That will be an ideal length for baits in its wheel house!
Thanks Gary.

Curiosity got the best of me so I just preordered one.. I needed to know and I have a reel not doing much
I hope i am high on the list cause I can't wait to see this rod in person

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:46 am
Thanks Gary.

Curiosity got the best of me so I just preordered one.. I needed to know and I have a reel not doing much
Thank you and yes sir, you are in on the first batch for sure!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 pm
goldrod wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:46 am
Thanks Gary.

Thank you and yes sir, you are in on the first batch for sure!
Thanks

SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass F4-71T Tomahawk 2021?

Post by SpecksReds » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:18 pm

In the never ending quest for a very nice Squarebill rod I see these are on preorder. My question is the F4 power rating. I have 6’10” St Croix Legend Glass and while I really like it the better mouse trap is out there I know it. I have the medium heavy version and was curious if the F4 might be closer to that than our medium power especially with a 5/16-1 ounce lure weight.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass F4-71T Tomahawk 2021?

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Just got mines today
Will try to answer soon as I can
Right off the rip it’s light. Like light light. St. Croix is light this fweeels lighter

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Thanks to the Tackle Trap for coming through. I appreciate it. Especially today

Rod is light and I like the rod but I’ve got to catch something to let you know what I think

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:33 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Thanks to the Tackle Trap for coming through. I appreciate it. Especially today

Rod is light and I like the rod but I’ve got to catch something to let you know what I think
Outstanding!! Glad its safely there. They already sold out again, but more are coming... eventually :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap