Valkyire VKC-80XXH-4

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bay_Bassin86
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Valkyire VKC-80XXH-4

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 am

Good morning Tackle Tour.

Looking for some first hand experience with this rod. How does the rod feel ie balance, sensitivity, and action. What baits are you tossing with it, how does it do with single hook baits being that it’s a glass carbon blank and finally what’s the upper limits of its weight range?

Thanks

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Valkyire VKC-80XXH-4

Post by bbates3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:48 am

I cannot comment on the 8 foot xxh but I do have the 711xh.

i got it for a travel bigger bait rod, but i really haven't fished it up, I move my boat over to the intracoastal during summer

but my initial impressions of that rod, are that its lightweight, ive got the ts destroyer blackjack and this rod is lighter.

similar in power to that rod, i feel for the 711 its good up to 4 to 4.5oz, i put a big 5oz glide on it and personally felt it was too much.

rod is sensitive too, you can defiantly tell there is some glass in it, but it really feels good throwing something like an 8inch bullshad, i went out to a pond and slung it around and really felt like it matched up great with the rod.

on that rod i would lean and throw more treble hook type baits on it

cant comment on the 8ft though.