2021 STEEZ SMT THE SENSOR

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2021 STEEZ SMT THE SENSOR

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm

This rod is sold out and I’m hoping that’s a good thing because it would mean that a lot of people have had time on the water with it.

I’m in the market for a rod for my airy Red pixy special and I was thinking this could be it. Anyone using this rod? I’m looking for some real time feedback,
Pro’s and especially Con’s

Otherwise I think I may go with the black widow rod of some sort.

Thanks
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 2021 STEEZ SMT THE SENSOR

Post by Jbc88 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm

I have only fish it once but i love it. I paired mine with the steez ct on 8lb daiwa samurai fluro hidden.
The rod has a nice deep bend when hooked and it feels more like a bfs style rod to me but with a stronger backbone if that make sense? Im not great at writing reviews or explaining much but i like the rod so much i picked another one up with their 20% discount sale lol

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:53 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm
I have only fish it once but i love it. I paired mine with the steez ct on 8lb daiwa samurai fluro hidden.
The rod has a nice deep bend when hooked and it feels more like a bfs style rod to me but with a stronger backbone if that make sense? Im not great at writing reviews or explaining much but i like the rod so much i picked another one up with their 20% discount sale lol
😯
Damn 20% that’s great stuff
I was looking at the HUT video just now and looking for more YouTube information. I was about to just hit buy but maybe I can find a 15% discount if I search U.S. and foreign shores. I was just about to preorder from the Trap.
Don’t know what the wait time looks like.

I get your description and sounds like it’s what I’d buy for this pixy project.
Thanks man, cause I’m actively searching
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
What baits did you fish with the sensor?

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:39 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
Ned rig and also i was using those decoy (jika rig) worm hook and noise hook a 3in megabass hazedong shad.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:06 am

Jbc88 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:39 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
Ned rig and also i was using those decoy (jika rig) worm hook and noise hook a 3in megabass hazedong shad.
Thanks

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am

I've had my Sensor since the first wave hit Tackle Trap (June maybe?) and am really liking it so far. I've had a crazy summer at work and have really only used the rod on 6-7 outings, but have fished it using tubes, wacky rigs, finesse jigs, shaky heads, drop shot, light t rigs, senkos, and probably other things I'm forgetting. Sensitivity is great and the rod has excelled for the above mentioned applications, especially tubes which are a favorite of mine.

Only down side, depending how you look at it, is that the rod is not the most versatile. While it does excel at its intended uses, its definitely not a rod I'll be using for any sort of moving baits. For fun I tossed around a squarebill and spinnerbait but was not feeling it. If you are looking for a more versatile rod in a similar length/power package, the P5 dark sleeper may be a better choice.

I have mine paired with a modified Daiwa SS SV 105XH and 12# Assassin
Attachments
SENSOR.jpg
SENSOR.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 4776 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am
I've had my Sensor since the first wave hit Tackle Trap (June maybe?) and am really liking it so far. I've had a crazy summer at work and have really only used the rod on 6-7 outings, but have fished it using tubes, wacky rigs, finesse jigs, shaky heads, drop shot, light t rigs, senkos, and probably other things I'm forgetting. Sensitivity is great and the rod has excelled for the above mentioned applications, especially tubes which are a favorite of mine.

Only down side, depending how you look at it, is that the rod is not the most versatile. While it does excel at its intended uses, its definitely not a rod I'll be using for any sort of moving baits. For fun I tossed around a squarebill and spinnerbait but was not feeling it. If you are looking for a more versatile rod in a similar length/power package, the P5 dark sleeper may be a better choice.

I have mine paired with a modified Daiwa SS SV 105XH and 12# Assassin

I’m only looking to do what you described
Since you mentioned P5 how does it compare sensitivity wise?
I’ve reached out the the Trap and no date has been determined yet for delivery. I know I have a preorder get pushed back. It’s COVID-19 /2021 so what can you do.

The more I hear about this stick the more I like it.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am

I feel like sensitivity is definitely on par or perhaps slightly better than the P5s I've fished. I can only speak for the sensor though, I've yet to fish any of the other new Steez rods

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am
I feel like sensitivity is definitely on par or perhaps slightly better than the P5s I've fished. I can only speak for the sensor though, I've yet to fish any of the other new Steez rods
I understand
And I fully anticipated that response

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am
evilcatfish wrote:
I understand
Idk about the Sensor, but I have a 6'9 Target Sniper and a 7'3 MH Utility player... Both of which have been fished right next to the P5 X-bites. Both Steez AGS rods not only feel more sensitive, but I don't feel like I hold back in fear of breaking it like I do with the P5. They has the same feeling as a Conquest where you can just let the fish have it with no remorse. With them being high dollar rods they are going to be sensitive regardless and the extra gain is subjective, but their solid feel makes me go towards buying more AGS rods... plus they have a better warranty.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 pm

Dan B wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm
goldrod wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am
evilcatfish wrote:
I understand
Idk about the Sensor, but I have a 6'9 Target Sniper and a 7'3 MH Utility player... Both of which have been fished right next to the P5 X-bites. Both Steez AGS rods not only feel more sensitive, but I don't feel like I hold back in fear of breaking it like I do with the P5. They has the same feeling as a Conquest where you can just let the fish have it with no remorse. With them being high dollar rods they are going to be sensitive regardless and the extra gain is subjective, but their solid feel makes me go towards buying more AGS rods... plus they have a better warranty.

Thanks
Just found one
Will ship tomorrow, I should have it next week early.
I guess I’ll see if it works out. If all is well I’ll probably try something else

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:29 pm

Just got word that the rod will be here on Saturday
Super excited
However I sold my Morethan reel but it’s not too big a deal because I had three D7’s I had recently given some love to and I’ll just use one of them.
Thanks again TT. Com

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:29 pm
Just got word that the rod will be here on Saturday
Super excited
However I sold my Morethan reel but it’s not too big a deal because I had three D7’s I had recently given some love to and I’ll just use one of them.
Thanks again TT. Com
I think you’ll like the rod, report back once you get it in hand!

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:29 pm

i'm looking for feedback as well since I'm extremely interested in this rod/lineup. if you could post a pic of the balancing, that'd be much appreciated