2021 Steez Harrier 610

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2021 Steez Harrier 610

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Mr. T Namiki on the video with one now.
Will this rod be state side or is it already in the lineup?
I used to always wanted one and it looks like a refresh is making that possibility more feasible.

I had a chance today to look at some equipment locally and I think the USDM
market is a bit overpriced. In my humble opinion the USDM market is stiving to match the JDM market in price point but when it comes to craftsmanship and features that support a higher price point many ( not all ) companies fail to do this.

Anyways I was underwhelmed with the rods I had a chance to look at today for $600. Plus. Which makes the JDM market much more interesting.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 2021 Steez Harrier 610

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 pm
Mr. T Namiki on the video with one now.
Will this rod be state side or is it already in the lineup?
I used to always wanted one and it looks like a refresh is making that possibility more feasible.

I had a chance today to look at some equipment locally and I think the USDM
market is a bit overpriced. In my humble opinion the USDM market is stiving to match the JDM market in price point but when it comes to craftsmanship and features that support a higher price point many ( not all ) companies fail to do this.

Anyways I was underwhelmed with the rods I had a chance to look at today for $600. Plus. Which makes the JDM market much more interesting.
Which rods did you look at today?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:24 am

[/quote]

Which rods did you look at today?
[/quote]

St. Croix Legend Xtreme Casting Rods
NRX+
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 am

Warranty is the difference in this comparison. You have zero recourse with JDM if an accident happens.
I had a Conquest 843 I left in my rod holder behind the seat in my kayak. Picked up another rod with a Topwater and lit it up :doh: Took the tip off in an instant. Glad to have that Xpeditor warranty. Stuff happens. If that was a Steez or Ultima, I would have no options.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:52 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 am
Warranty is the difference in this comparison. You have zero recourse with JDM if an accident happens.
I had a Conquest 843 I left in my rod holder behind the seat in my kayak. Picked up another rod with a Topwater and lit it up :doh: Took the tip off in an instant. Glad to have that Xpeditor warranty. Stuff happens. If that was a Steez or Ultima, I would have no options.
I can agree with what your saying
For the longest I didnt buy any JDM rod because of my fear of the stuff happening,, but over the years I have learned to be a little more careful. Still as you said sometimes stuff happens.