2021 Megabass Levante Jerkbait Special

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2021 Megabass Levante Jerkbait Special

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Looking for a dedicated top water rod, jerkbaits would be secondary. It would be used for 1/4, 3/8, and one half ounce poppers and wake baits. Are the specs over or under stated, spot on?
So, who owns this particular stick? Will it load and cast a quarter ounce popper without issue - not just in a pinch? How is the tip and taper? Does it recover quickly or slowly? And is it good for keeping maniac smallmouth pinned?

TNBankFishing
Angler
Angler

Re: 2021 Megabass Levante Jerkbait Special

Post by TNBankFishing » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:08 pm

I’ve used both the 110 special and the Otomat in the destroyer line. While they aren’t the exact same I feel confident the flatside special and jerkbait special are similar comparisons.

For me the Otomat/FSS is a topwater/cranking rod first, jerkbait second while the JS is reversed. They fill similar roles but the blank response is slightly different.

My Otomat can load 1/4 oz, and the FSS is rated the same so I believe it’s capable. I don’t have both rods to compare though. For keeping fish pinned, my Otomat has an amazingly deep bend and once somethings hooked stays hooked.