Zenon Rods Abu Garcia

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Zenon Rods Abu Garcia

Post by goldrod » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 pm

any buzz worthy information on them?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zenon Rods Abu Garcia

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Pretty new. Buy one and let us know 👍

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:58 pm
Yeah I was thinking that they underestimated the Fantasista line and now they are trying to capitalize on the success
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:51 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:53 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Yeah I was thinking that they underestimated the Fantasista line and now they are trying to capitalize on the success
Did you end up grabbing one of these sticks?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:51 pm
goldrod wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
No Sir
I didn’t. I really like the JDM rod I had gotten but I also really really like the dead sword. I think I’m looking for something to scratch my itch but I’m looking to reorganize everything and have been splitting up my gear between what I will keep and what I will give away. Hard to give away a rod and the person in receipt of it complains complains complains.

It’s a nice looking stick for sure but as of right now it’s get everything out of the closets and all other hiding spots and let it go.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:32 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:02 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:51 pm
goldrod wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
No Sir
I didn’t. I really like the JDM rod I had gotten but I also really really like the dead sword. I think I’m looking for something to scratch my itch but I’m looking to reorganize everything and have been splitting up my gear between what I will keep and what I will give away. Hard to give away a rod and the person in receipt of it complains complains complains.

It’s a nice looking stick for sure but as of right now it’s get everything out of the closets and all other hiding spots and let it go.
I'm on the fence myself. Too many rods to be discovered.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:34 am

I have a few of these now. Just received them, and initial impression was that they are keepers. Blanks are very crispy. I haven't weighed them, but another poster on BR weighed the 7'2"H at 4.9oz w/tags still attached. The heavy is STOUT, but not too stiff. The 7' MH is a gem, and floats in your hand with an excellently fast (nearly x-fast) taper. The ML casting and spinning rods are dope, and don't share the same blank. ML casting has 852 nrx power, and the ml spinning has the perfect power/taper for drop shot or any lighter duty stuff. It is the best feeling ml spinning rod I've handled in regards to power/taper. I'll refresh this once I get to fish them. I purchased the 7'MH spinning rod, but they sent me the wrong rod, so it'll.be a bit before I can comment.
Last edited by KP Duty on Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:07 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:34 am
I have a few of these now. Just received them, and initial impression was that they are keepers. Blanks are very crispy. I haven't weighed them, but another poster on BR weighed the 7'2"H at 4.9oz w/tags still attached. The heavy is STOUT, but not too stiff. The 7' MH is a gem, and floats in your hand with an excellently fast (nearly x-fast) taper. The ML casting and spinning rods are dope, and don't share the same blank. ML casting has 852 nrx power, and the ml spinning has the perfect power/taper for drop shot or any lighter duty stuff. It is the best feeling ml spinning rod I've handled in regards to power/taper. I'll refresh this once I get to fish them. I purchased the 7'MH spinning rod, but they sent me the wrong rod, so it'll.be a bit before I can comment.
Nice. Keep us posted.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:05 pm

Wow, the specs and preliminary info on these rods makes them very competitive at this price point...just need to expand their lineup.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."