Braid and AGS

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Braid and AGS

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Maybe this has been discussed but after watching mr. Seth fielder flip grass I noticed that the rod he was using was a bottom contact Gen one rod.
I started looking at a lot of other videos he had and low and behold it was the same rod. He was using braid and the rod performed flawlessly. Maybe I’m too soft but I never used braid on any ags rod.

What has your experience with braid and ags guides been? How’s it performed for you
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Braid and AGS

Post by DrPerf » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:58 pm

I only use braid with a leader, primarily fluoro and in a few cases mono.
My two Steez SVF (EVA grips) AGS 7'6" rods have been used with braid from January 2021 until June and the AGS guides look the same as when the rod was purchased. The Steez Compile X AGS 7'6" has been using braid since June and again the AGS guides look new. The "Moving Bait Versatile" has been used with braid since September with the same results.

One of the spinning rods and the MBV is "on deck" for every fishing trip; tournament, pre-fishing or "fun" fishing at least 2-5 times per month. So, there has been regular use. I do not anticipate any issue in the future with braid and the AGS guides.

Regards,
Doc

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:08 pm

DrPerf wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:58 pm
I only use braid with a leader, primarily fluoro and in a few cases mono.
My two Steez SVF (EVA grips) AGS 7'6" rods have been used with braid from January 2021 until June and the AGS guides look the same as when the rod was purchased. The Steez Compile X AGS 7'6" has been using braid since June and again the AGS guides look new. The "Moving Bait Versatile" has been used with braid since September with the same results.

One of the spinning rods and the MBV is "on deck" for every fishing trip; tournament, pre-fishing or "fun" fishing at least 2-5 times per month. So, there has been regular use. I do not anticipate any issue in the future with braid and the AGS guides.

Regards,
Doc

Thanks Doc
I’m going to have to book a trip with you!! 😆
I appreciate the information
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Same here. I have been using my blue Steez AGS 7'9 XH for flipping and punching with 80lb braid and I have not had a problem with the guides yet.

Cheers!