Deps Sidewinder Bush Viper

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Deps Sidewinder Bush Viper

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:29 pm

I wanted to know how good this rod was especially since it commands such a hefty sticker price
Last edited by goldrod on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Devs Sidewinder Bush Viper

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Best rod name ever!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Deps Sidewinder Bush Viper

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm

It’s a spiral wrapped rod too. !
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:10 am

At one point I gave some serious thought to buying this rod, but that reel seat really doesn't do it for me. If I'm spending that much on a rod I want everything about it to be "right." Same reason I'm currently holding off on the Evergreen Dire Wolf Wild 7

I have seen some used Bush Vipers pop up from time to time at decent prices though

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:10 am
At one point I gave some serious thought to buying this rod, but that reel seat really doesn't do it for me. If I'm spending that much on a rod I want everything about it to be "right." Same reason I'm currently holding off on the Evergreen Dire Wolf Wild 7

I have seen some used Bush Vipers pop up from time to time at decent prices though
New is some serious coin for sure. I’ve been searching high and low for some things. I saw a few used ones out there but they were still Mid fours so.
I like the locking nut and since you mentioned the reel seat I’ll see if I can get a close up of it.

On top of that if bought new you only get a one year warranty

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu May 11, 2023 5:26 am

goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:29 pm
I wanted to know how good this rod was especially since it commands such a hefty sticker price
I recently got a crazy deal on one of these ($229 shipped from Japan!) and decided at that price I could deal with the reel seat haha. In hand, it definitely feels powerful and somewhat fast, despite Deps calling it slow. Will see how it performs soon, I have a feeling the slowness won't really be felt until working a bait or hooking up with a decent fish

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu May 11, 2023 6:38 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:26 am
goldrod wrote:
I recently got a crazy deal on one of these ($229 shipped from Japan!) and decided at that price I could deal with the reel seat haha. In hand, it definitely feels powerful and somewhat fast, despite Deps calling it slow. Will see how it performs soon, I have a feeling the slowness won't really be felt until working a bait or hooking up with a decent fish
At that price point I would have done the same probably
Steez XBD has been the gold standard for a long time now but I have to believe that by now in today’s technological advancements there has to be a rod to dethrone the XBD

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu May 11, 2023 7:45 am

goldrod wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:38 am
evilcatfish wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Steez XBD has been the gold standard for a long time now but I have to believe that by now in today’s technological advancements there has to be a rod to dethrone the XBD
Have you tried the newer Steez AGS Heavy Cover special? I'd assumed its pretty much the replacement for the XBD

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 12, 2023 4:04 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 7:45 am
goldrod wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 6:38 am
evilcatfish wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Have you tried the newer Steez AGS Heavy Cover special? I'd assumed its pretty much the replacement for the XBD

I have not tried that rod.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri May 19, 2023 7:52 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Damn...killer hookup!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."