Zodias vs Xpride actions

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Plitz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Zodias vs Xpride actions

Post by Plitz » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:43 pm

I purchased a 7'2" Xpride on Black Friday,with the intent of using it for spinnerbaits,swimjigs etc.... Moving baits. Since then I have seen people recommend the 7'2" Zodias for moving baits... I was wondering,is the actions different between these two rods? Is Zodias for moving baits and the Xpride for bottom baits? Thx

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zodias vs Xpride actions

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:32 pm

I'm no expert, but I am a big fan of Shimano blanks - especially the higher end stuff. I think the easiest, most sensible way to look at this is that within each line, as the price increases, the blanks are going to increase in crispness, making the blank a little more stiff throughout. What you may throw on an Expride (hardbaits), you may not feel as compelled to throw on a Poison Glorious.

Plitz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Zodias vs Xpride actions

Post by Plitz » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:32 pm
I'm no expert, but I am a big fan of Shimano blanks - especially the higher end stuff. I think the easiest, most sensible way to look at this is that within each line, as the price increases, the blanks are going to increase in crispness, making the blank a little more stiff throughout. What you may throw on an Expride (hardbaits), you may not feel as compelled to throw on a Poison Glorious.
This is exactly what I was thinking... That's why I asked... Looks like I may have to buy the Zodias also!