Destroyer P5 KIRISAME KAMEYAMA SPECIAL

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Destroyer P5 KIRISAME KAMEYAMA SPECIAL

Post by NOLRAMB » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:22 am

Looking for the perfect Fat Ika rod in a Spinning model, the KIRISAME KAMEYAMA SPECIAL caught my eye based off of the description, does anyone have experience with this rod for said application or the very least used it for 5-6 inch weightless T-rigged senkos.

Another option is the Evergreen Kaleido Serpenti Solid Tip TKSS-66MHST Bush Serpent but that model at this moment is difficult to source.

Any input is appreciated.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Destroyer P5 KIRISAME KAMEYAMA SPECIAL

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

The Bush Serpent is a sick rod. I have used it for 5 inch senkos and it handled them great. Extremely sensitive as well (to me at least). Casting a 6 inch might be pushing it because of the lighter feeling of the solid tip. What hook do you use for the ikas? I don't fish them but think you can potentially run into issues setting the hook through all of the plastic depending on hook thickness. The rod has a strong backbone but not sure if the tip is stiff enough to drive a big ewg home. Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else.

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:38 am

I normally use the Owner Rig' N Hook in a 4/0, line setup will most likely be 10lb sufix 832 with a long 10 lb Maxima ultragreen leader.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:11 pm

I think that will work actually, I dug up some Ikas I had and played around with some similar hooks and it feels like it should be fine. I can try to fish this next time I get out to get a better feel although I can't guarantee a fish will cooperate with me to really put it to the test :lol:

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:19 am

If you could toss one around and let me know your thoughts that would be great, now the main problem is sourcing one, they seem to me out of stock everywhere.