Megabass Otomat vs P5 Oneten Stick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass Otomat vs P5 Oneten Stick

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:03 pm

Have an otomat that I've been using for all my topwater fishing the past couple years and I love it. The one thing I don't like about it is the length of the rod. I recently got a fishing kayak and now my issue with the length is even more pronounced. As far as I can tell the closest the thing I can find to the otomat in action and rating but in a shorter length is the oneten stick. However that rod is marketed as a jerkbait rod, not topwater. Does anyone have experience with both rods that can let me know how they compare to one another? Most topwaters I throw are popper or walking that weight around 1/2 oz topping out at 3/4 oz but most fall in the 3/8-5/8 range. Anything larger then that and I throw it on my aird x heavy frog rod.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Otomat vs P5 Oneten Stick

Post by MediumHeavy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:00 pm

The Oneten Stick would be a fine choice, but also look at the F5-68X The Blade if you want a little extra power.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Otomat vs P5 Oneten Stick

Post by City17Banner » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 am

I have enjoy presenting everything from a MB Popmax to a MB Diamante on my Destroyer Otomat as it's simply a joy to use for those topwater lures and many more as well. However, since I'm on the shorter side (5'5" tall) I find that the P5 One Ten Stick and P5 Cyclone with their shorter rod lengths is much better suited for me to more easily present my topwater lures, especially when "walking the dog" with the Diamante or Evergreen SB 105. If you are seeking a shorter rod that does a fantastic job presenting topwater lures, I think either of these two rods might fit the bill admirably. Good luck fishing in the new year!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS