Luxxe B74XhE

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Luxxe B74XhE

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 pm

Anyone have this rod ?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Luxxe B74XhE

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am

I'm surprised more people have not dived into the Luxxe Efreet lineup. Way overlooked value in a high end rod. My Luxxe Efreet 7ft MH was so similar to my Steez RD 7ft MH that I ended up trading the Steez RD. (which I think you now have) Don't get me wrong, the RD was one step above with slight refinements and AGS guides. Both light in wieght, crisp, and fast and geared toward bottom contact.

Based on the specs, and my knowledge of the Efreet, and my knowlede of the Steez RD. That 7'4 XH Efreet would be a similar match if they made a 7'4 H/XH Steez RD. Again, with the Efreet bieng a very slight downgrade. Both light in wieght, crisp and fast, but capable of heavier bottom contact, and light flipping and punching.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:02 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am
I'm surprised more people have not dived into the Luxxe Efreet lineup. Way overlooked value in a high end rod. My Luxxe Efreet 7ft MH was so similar to my Steez RD 7ft MH that I ended up trading the Steez RD. (which I think you now have) Don't get me wrong, the RD was one step above with slight refinements and AGS guides. Both light in wieght, crisp, and fast and geared toward bottom contact.

Based on the specs, and my knowledge of the Efreet, and my knowlede of the Steez RD. That 7'4 XH Efreet would be a similar match if they made a 7'4 H/XH Steez RD. Again, with the Efreet bieng a very slight downgrade. Both light in wieght, crisp and fast, but capable of heavier bottom contact, and light flipping and punching.
I've pretty much made up my mind with what direction i am going for this year.. and aside from custom builds I'd like to try some other things. I am not sure what the difference is between the Efreet and the Oltre but I know from web surfing that its not alot out there to chose from and the price varies depending on the site your on.. I've got some reel builds that I've been messing with especially the ss sv with the SLP Works kit, needed to get the internals aligned to my liking and i ordered some gear sets and i was probably a bit overzealous because there's a gear set on my desk that I havent used ..

Anyways Its taken me some time but I'd like to get more into the JDM world of rods but not at the cost of an arm cause i wouldn't be able to use it.. The effete looks like something id be willing to try at the price point.

B74XH-F

Lure: 3/8 ~ 2 / 1/2 (10 ~ 70)

Line: 16-20

Power: Extra Heavy

Taper: Fast

A fast-action model with extra heavy power that can handle heavy-weight lures without difficulty and is also good at capturing the cover. It does not have the “thickness” such as the thick feeling and the feeling of weight that a high power model tends to have, and it can be used with a light feeling more than one rank. It supports not only rubber jigs in the cover that considers shade patterns, heavy Texas rigs, leaderless down shot rigs from 10 to 28g, but also middle class big baits.

Uses SiC.

The blanks material uses the world’s strongest high-strength carbon “TORAYCA(R)T1100G” and “Nanoalloy(R)” technology applied resin.

In addition, by combining high elasticity materials, we succeeded in developing a rod that has a power that cannot be imagined from the lightness when it is shaken when picked up.

What is amazing is not only its lightness and power but also the amazing cast performance produced by its high-repulsion design.

By increasing the rigidity of the hand, the blanks follow quickly according to the force of the takeback, the power is smoothly transmitted, and more efficient and high repulsive force is produced.

As a result, we have achieved a sharp cast feel with a minimal blurring of the blanks and excellent castability and accuracy.

In addition, it has excellent action performance, and you can perform various effects as you wish, from delicate lure control to actions aiming for instantaneous reaction effects. This series is dedicated to bassers who mainly develop power fishing all over Japan.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:06 pm

I will report when it gets in

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Rod is here.
its not a one piece unfortunately like advertised. HOWEVERRRRR
however it splits at the handle albeit not like I've ever seen or rather have. There is ( unmeasured) about 6 inches of rod from the locking nut that is hollow and then the top piece fits in..

My initial impressions are, its a very clean minimalistic build but sublte ques that give you that JDM styling.
At first I was like this rod is tip heavy but light. Forgive me if that dont make sense but its light, like Light in weight and when I put a D7 on it, the balance was no issue at all. The rod is robust , and doesn't Feel like most blanks I've had. Its more akin to a point blank blank but lighter and it has a very distinctive feel on the unpainted parts. The first three guides are double foot and something I love the most is the handle behind the reel seat is just long enough to do anything.

Reel has a fresh 18lb sunline on it.. I've fish a 1/2 jig and baby D bomb.
The rod is not lacking in sensitivity and to be honest I'd rather have this rod than my NRX 894 or point blank custom build. Or LE or H3 rod due to the lightness and the robustness but just the ergonomics of the rod and how sensitive i have felt it to be thus far.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:28 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:59 pm
Rod is here.
however it splits at the handle albeit not like I've ever seen or rather have. There is ( unmeasured) about 6 inches of rod from the locking nut that is hollow and then the top piece fits in..

My initial impressions are, its a very clean minimalistic build but sublte ques that give you that JDM styling.
At first I was like this rod is tip heavy but light. Forgive me if that dont make sense but its light, like Light in weight and when I put a D7 on it, the balance was no issue at all. The rod is robust , and doesn't Feel like most blanks I've had. Its more akin to a point blank blank but lighter and it has a very distinctive feel on the unpainted parts. The first three guides are double foot and something I love the most is the handle behind the reel seat is just long enough to do anything.

The rod is not lacking in sensitivity and to be honest I'd rather have this rod than my NRX 894 or point blank custom build. Or LE or H3 rod due to the lightness and the robustness but just the ergonomics of the rod and how sensitive i have felt it to be thus far.
Congrats man! Hopefully you end up liking it. Not sure where you got it from (think I know) but on the Luxxe website it does indicate (2) parts. That type of design is pretty common once you get into the 7'4+ range of high end Japanese rods. Studio Composite, Tulala and DRT would be a few examples.

When he says LIGHT, he means 122 grams LIGHT in a XH rod. Thin walled 1100G with a hint of glass to make it two stage.

Let see some pics!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:57 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:28 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:59 pm
Rod is here.

Congrats man! Hopefully you end up liking it. Not sure where you got it from (think I know) but on the Luxxe website it does indicate (2) parts. That type of design is pretty common once you get into the 7'4+ range of high end Japanese rods. Studio Composite, Tulala and DRT would be a few examples.

When he says LIGHT, he means 122 grams LIGHT in a XH rod. Thin walled 1100G with a hint of glass to make it two stage.

Let see some pics!
I’ll be sure to get some pictures up. Going to compare this to my steez bCII
Been busy feels like I’m herding cats

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:25 pm

Bump...
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:37 pm

Mine came in today... hopefully I'll get to stick a few on it this weekend. 8-)
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."