Gamakatsu Luxxe Avenge

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Gamakatsu Luxxe Avenge

Post by Chode » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:06 pm

Just noticed this rod selling on TW in the new arrival section. Does anybody know about this series? how does it compare to the likes of oltre or efreet? Any info would be appreciated.
Last edited by Chode on Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Gamakatsu Luxxe Avenge

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:49 pm

Looks like cheap, Batson handle grips. Not feeling it much at all.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:57 am

Deeply discounted again at the moment ... any takers?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:49 am

I'd say that if you like the build/components, grab one at that price. The Luxxe Efreet is really good, so I would imagine the Avenge is pretty good too.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:12 pm

Tempting...
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Ryan808
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ryan808 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 am

It’s really tempting to pick up one of these rods, but little to reviews have me holding back. Hoping someone replies with some on water use.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:15 am

Ryan808 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 am
It’s really tempting to pick up one of these rods, but little to reviews have me holding back. Hoping someone replies with some on water use.
Yeppers.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 am

Back to normal price on TWH, but still cheaper on Plat with free shipping. One day maybe.

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Decided to take the gamble and picked up the 6'6 light and 7Mh. They look like nice rods. Probably won't be able to fish them this season since salmon fishing as picked up. They are quite light and the purple looks nice. A couple of things to keep in mind though. Although TW says the 6'6 is a light, on the tag it actually says ML. Not sure why that is. Another big thing is that the price on the jdm side says 27000 yen which roughly translate to 183 dollars USD. TW is the middle man so they are selling it at 360-370 usd. If what I'm thinking is right this rod is a 200 dollar rod being sold at almost a 400 dollar rod price. I can imagine some people feeling disappointed getting a rod they expect to perform like a 400 dollar rod when in reality it really is a 200 dollar rod.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:13 pm

torm wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:05 pm
Decided to take the gamble and picked up the 6'6 light and 7Mh. They look like nice rods. Probably won't be able to fish them this season since salmon fishing as picked up. They are quite light and the purple looks nice. A couple of things to keep in mind though. Although TW says the 6'6 is a light, on the tag it actually says ML. Not sure why that is. Another big thing is that the price on the jdm side says 27000 yen which roughly translate to 183 dollars USD. TW is the middle man so they are selling it at 360-370 usd. If what I'm thinking is right this rod is a 200 dollar rod being sold at almost a 400 dollar rod price. I can imagine some people feeling disappointed getting a rod they expect to perform like a 400 dollar rod when in reality it really is a 200 dollar rod.
Thanks for the input...looking forward to seeing how it performs on the water for you.

torm
Angler
Angler

Post by torm » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Haven't been able to get out for bass with it but used it for crappie fishing. So far first impressions are that they are definitely sensitive. Never used a nrx rods so I can't compared them to that but on par with my orochi rod. Just bought a new car that seats don't recline so that blank coming out of the handle will be extremely nice. Its been a fun drop shot rod. Most likely will use it for that and ned rigging. I can see this rod being a fun river smallie rod. At that discount price it is a must try rod. TW offers after pay too so if you still think the price is too steep if that deal comes around again it will be roughly 65 dollars every two weeks with no interest. Not to mention you got a warranty on this rod too so thats a plus.

JewFish61
Angler
Angler

Post by JewFish61 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:58 am

Matt Allen just posted a rave review on it in his $500 combo video for this year.

https://youtu.be/cAtbntQHpv4

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:42 am

JewFish61 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:58 am
Matt Allen just posted a rave review on it in his $500 combo video for this year.

As much as I really enjoy Tactical Bassin'...their preferred equipment is clearly slanted. Their excuse has been the T-Wing keeping them from recommending more Daiwa higher end reels (since they prefer braid+leader), okay, so what's up with the spinning reel selection not reflecting Certates and Exists? Makes for an easy marketing advantage for Shimano when a Daiwa Tatula is about as high end that is typically recommend from their main competitor.

Same is true of some of the lures they recommend, line, etc. Although I really like the terminal tackle they endorse.

Gotta pay da bills, so I understand, no different than any endorsed person.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:10 am

dragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:42 am
JewFish61 wrote:

As much as I really enjoy Tactical Bassin'...their preferred equipment is clearly slanted. Their excuse has been the T-Wing keeping them from recommending more Daiwa higher end reels (since they prefer braid+leader), okay, so what's up with the spinning reel selection not reflecting Certates and Exists? Makes for an easy marketing advantage for Shimano when a Daiwa Tatula is about as high end that is typically recommend from their main competitor.

Same is true of some of the lures they recommend, line, etc. Although I really like the terminal tackle they endorse.

i noticed what you mentioned as well.
i was rather disappointed in their high end line up. only the daiwa bottom contact made the list. i just look at the listing and was not interested in the video
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:17 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:10 am
dragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:42 am
JewFish61 wrote:

i noticed what you mentioned as well.
i was rather disappointed in their high end line up. only the daiwa bottom contact made the list. i just look at the listing and was not interested in the video
For the majority of their target audience their product guides are very applicable...once JDM gets into the mix, it's likely the opposite.

There are also plenty of USDM rods not listed as well, but again, it comes down to their endorsement deals, which is their right, and a wise decision on their part financially.

I'm just saying that peeps need to listen and research beyond just one channel, for info and especially gear.